Well, I've finally found a moment to catch my blog up...I really need to fold some wash, but this is for JILL!
We do the whole Santa thing with the boys. I know some people don't agree with it because it can take away the whole reason behind Christmas but we also celebrated Jesus birthday to remind and teach the boys (or really Andrew) that it's Jesus' birthday. We made cupcakes the night before we celebrated our Christmas. Andrew was SO excited! He seriously talked about it all day. And while it wasn't really Christmas Eve, it was our Christmas Eve...so, yeah, my children will probably be totally messed up!!
Blake woke up to this new (to him) car. He LOVES it! And Andrew got a fun racing game. Blake was all into opening the first few presents but then he was done and wanted to play with his new car. It was funny tho because every present he would open he'd yell STUCK because he'd want me to take it out of the box right away. Andrew enjoyed opening the rest of Blake's presents for him!
On Saturday we headed up to Arkysaw. First stop was Matt's parents. There we saw all his family and we did our Christmas with them on Monday morning. I hardly had any pics from there. And Matt was in charge of the camera! It was too cold so we didn't play outside. Just hung out in the house. So, I'm thinking that's why the lack of pics.
Here's Josh, Mark and Mr. Deer.
Then on Tuesday we went to The Village to see my family.
Our visit there started with a choir practice. My mom is the choir director of her church and Christmas Eve the children's choir sang. Every year at Christmas my nieces join them. So, mom was teaching them the songs. Well, of course, my boys were all up in the practice. They both LOVE music. As you can tell by this picture, Blake was mesmerized by the guitar. Andrew kept requesting Go Tell It On The Mountain. At the Christmas Eve mass Andrew sat with the choir on the front row next to Mallory. I was a nervous wreck and worried he start talking and the mic would pick him up or something...but he did AWESOME! I was SO proud of him. Matt would have been too, but he stayed home with Blake. There was NO WAY that boy would have been quiet for an hour!!
Our first family pic we've taken in 5 years, I think. I think the last time was my wedding. Crazy! Of course, Blake had OTHER things to do then have his picture taken!!
All the grandkids! aka...free babysitters!! :)
And here are some pics my sis took for us. It was hard trying to get a decent picture. ugh!

5 comments:
very fun! i've totally got to steal that cape pattern from you. :) i tried to make some and, well, you know...
my new years resolution is not to check your blog 10 times a day. :)
LOL those pics are great. esp Mr Deer.hahahahaha and i appreciate you posting JUST FOR ME. i know you LOVE me!! haha and the only reason jack was "nice" and shared, is b/c he has a train at home, so that was old news to him. not b/c he's nice! :D
i think "way overboard" is an understatement!
Love the pictures! Glad you had a fun Christmas. You better get Blake and Andrew ready for our visit. I expect them to know me by name when I get there. And spanish abc's and all that too.
Love your new background!!! And the pictures are great.
jill l, you know mr. deer is really our brother-in-law so i had to include him!! :)
jill, i'm working on your name but unfortunately he says mandy way better. and we are working on the spanish abc's. :P
thanks, liz!
Post a Comment