Monday, October 01, 2007

still here!

Yep! I'm still here! I've been a slacker blogging lately so I figured I'd catch all up on what's been going on around here.
Boys before bed time.
Matt's sister came in while he was out of town. Boy, she sure was a big help! When she called and asked if she could come in I was tempted to say no. I figured it would just be easier for me to do it myself. I sure am glad I didn't. She basically played with Andrew and kept him entertained while I took care of Blake and the house. We were glad when Daddy made it home tho.
A big yawn!!
Matt caught an early flight home as I needed to get to the doctor. I had a small bump on my head (I thought was a mosquito bite) that was growing and hurting. I woke up Thursday morning (the day Rachel was leaving and Matt was coming home) to a nice swollen eye. Luckily Matt made it home before my Dr. apt! It was so nice! I arrived at my appointment 15 mins early without a kid in tow....AND enjoyed reading a magazine! It didn't even bother me that they called my name 30 mins after my appointment time. It ended up being a cyst and feels much better today.
My lil pumpkin!
Matt's bother came in and they went and did boy things...like fishing. Jill and Jack didn't come in because Jill wasn't feeling well. We were pretty bored without them. I ended up gathering a few things for a garage sale in a couple of weekends. I don't have much stuff but I think I'm going to try and sell my single stroller. I think we are done with it. Money made from the garage sale will go to getting Blake a new car seat! He's moving on up!!

Blake cut his first tooth!

Some of you have asked if Andrew and Blake look anything alike. Here's a pic of them in the same onesie. Andrew is 3 months in this picture and skinny. He didn't put on his weight until 5 months. So this probably isn't a good comparison. I just took this pic of Blake today. He is getting BIG!! He is almost 16 lbs now.

Anyway, I don't think they look alike at all...well, they both have big bellies!!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

they do favor, but i think one looks like you and one looks like matt. and of course they are very cute!

Kristy said...

I just want to squeeze the pumpkin seeds out of both of them!! They are so cute and so happy!! Can you tell I am an aunt too!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't get over how much Blake has grown. Where does the time go? He look so cute sitting like a big boy!

Michelle said...

do you have a ribbon in mind? my email is changing over to comcast and it's down, so i can't email you back. :)

Anonymous said...

Andrew & Blake always have the biggest smile on their face. I love it!

Glad to hear all is well in your corner. I realized that I've been spoiling Blake...Tell Andrew his Asian aunt hasn't forgotten about him...I'll have to see what Michelle wants to make for him :)

Truc

Shandra said...

OH MY GOSH...truc you don't have to send andrew a thing. he didn't even see the box you sent. don't worry about it.

michelle...how about the blue w/ yellow striped one. how much are they? when you get your email working, email me. i might order two.

jill said...

Love the new pictures! They are adorable in the pumpkin outfit. Hope your eye is better.

jill said...

do you want to come to dallas for pokeno night? ask matt if he can watch the boys for the oct. 12th weekend and we could make it a b-day party for you! Seriously!

Shandra said...

jill, i would but i've got a garage sale the 13th that i'm helping w/ (b/c i'm putting stuff in it) and that evening we have a party to go to. i'm sorry. i always miss the fun! thanks for thinking of me tho!

Tiffany said...

Shandra--They are so cute. I think I see you more in Blake. I am not good about telling who looks like who, but that is what I get out of the pics. I am glad your head is better. That had to have been scary! BTW, I have updated my blog...finally...I know!

Anonymous said...

they are so cute - you should put that pic of A in the mickey mouse cap on there!

what are they going to be for h-ween? anything? wish we were there and j could dress up with them!!