My neighbor made the comment about Andrew still being a baby (11 months) when I got pregnant and how she wants to spend as much time with her first before having her second. I kept my mouth shut, but I totally disagree. If Andrew had been 5 months when I got pregnant, then yah, he would have still been a baby. I don't feel like we took anything away from Andrew by getting pregnant when he was 11 months. Hopefully we gave him a best friend (well, WE didn't actually give him a best friend..but ya know what I mean.) I wanted to say...what about your second kid? How are you going to spend the time with him/her like you did with the first one? You won't because your first child will be around. And even if Andrew had been 5 months old when we got pregnant it would have been a decision that my husband and I made. I don't know why some people need to add their two cents. Makes me wonder if I say stupid stuff like that to people. I sure hope not. Anyway, that's just my two
cents. :)
So, we are still potty training Andrew. How long is this gonna take? We've been doing it a little over a week now. This week I started putting him on the potty ever 20-30 mins. He's doing pretty good with it...but hates having to sit on it all the time. I've had to bring his potty out into the living room so he'll stay on it for longer than a second. I kinda wonder if he's really ready. Sometimes he goes just a little and sometimes a lot. Yesterday he went on it 9 times!!! (and we weren't even home in the morning)...but he also went in his big boy undies probably 4 times. I know that he will have accidents but when he does go in his undies he could care less. He doesn't come tell me he's done anything...except when he goes #2. So, mom's out there who have done the whole potty training deal...spill the beans...give me some tips/secrets. And, yes, I do give him stickers and a treat (one M&M!)
11 comments:
gosh, i hear that all the time about bringing a second one on - let jack be the baby!! i agree w/you tho, b/c by the time B was born, Andrew wasn't a baby anymore, AND he'll never remember life before blake. he'll always remember life WITH blake.
um, i hope you don't overload him with sugar with that ONE M&M ;)
oh and that pic is one of you and M out at cabot on a sunday i think. standing outside - it was long before engagement i think. it was cute!
WoW! You already want #3? I'm impressed.
Just stopping by after reading your post on mom2my6pack blog. Your little ones are darling!!
Stacey
Thanks for stopping by Stacey!
Jill, Andrew went 11 times today so that's 11 M&Ms!!! I need to find treat w/ no sugar.
Baby #3...hurry up because I have lots of goodies for you :)
Truc
Awwww! I hope you have another soon! I live vicariously through you and all my other mommy friends.
There are so many opinions on potty training. Boys do take longer and they have to have a certain awareness about it all. But I've heard about people starting to potty train at 6 months which I think is crazy. I have heard boys tend to be closer to three and that is how is was in our case. Good luck!
shan - our experience was a little different, but most of my friends say that for boys, playing naked all day outside one day does the trick because when they "tt" they are like... "oh, that's what's supposed to happen." ...and then they want to do it in the potty. like i said, this is just what i've been told about boys...
i don't have anything new to add, just wanted to say even when they are potty trained you may have a whole new set of challenges. last night ethan called me in to watch him pee in the trash can. he was proud he made it all the way over there. yuck.
ash, i've heard that method, but just can't do it. he definitely knows something is coming out!!
michelle...the joys of boys! so exciting to see what i have to look forward to!
Post a Comment