Monday, June 05, 2006

busy, birthdays and probably a boring post

I don't know how my weeks fill up so fast! Just last week I was thinking I had nothing going on this week, but somehow that all changed.

Today was my day to do nothing but clean. I didn't even finish...probably because I did a lot of procrastinating!! I just have to vacuum our room and mop the floors. Usually those jobs belongs to Matt, but he's on 'company business' this week. So, I figured I would be nice and do it for him. The rest of the week is filled with VBS meetings, Bible study, and visiting friends. I still have other things I need to do and people to see, but those will have to be pushed off until next week.

We are going to see my grandpa in about 2 weeks. I'm so excited because he's 94 years old and I haven't seen him in 10 years. I know that's pretty bad. He lives in WI so it's hard for me to get up there. I have written him letters over the years... more now since I've had Andrew. Anyway, I'm also happy because Matt's going to fly with us.

I'm also working on planning a big birthday bash for Andrew! I think we are going to do a Baby Einstein party. Maybe when he sees all the Baby Einstein stuff he will get excited. My sister told me to do Thomas the Tank since his room is in trains, but I'm kinda tired of all the train stuff. I think he'd like Baby Einstein better...okay, now I'm just rambling.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

baby einstein is like crack for my kids. even at 3 1/2 emily still loves to watch them, and ethan fusses if he can't watch one at least once a day!

have you ever been to arne's warehouse store in houston?? i know you hate to drive in the traffic, but they have lots of baby einstein party favors, etc. i'd never seen that party theme in stores - but it's a good one!

Anonymous said...

I think Andrew should have a shotgun themed party. All of the kids can go out back and shoot skeet.

Shandra said...

chet...i ought to delete your comment since you wouldn't post mine on your blog...how rude!

michelle...thanks for the info.!! i'm gonna call and see what all they have before i drive down there. thanks again!!

Megan said...

if we weren't so busy getting our house ready to be sold we might invite ourselves to andrew's party. ha ha! i think baby einstein is a great idea.

Shandra said...

megan...matt and i have said how y'all need to come back and see the 'real' andrew!! :) not the sick one. y'all are more than welcome to come!

Anonymous said...

Your kid's mind will be mush if you just plop him in front of the TV all day. Why don't you take him outside and let him learn from nature? Try some parenting once in a while.

Jessica said...

(read in a condescending, sing-song voice) broughton, that was not nice. she's going to take away the comments section that allows mean-spirited people to comment. don't bite the hand that feeds you...what shan giveth, shan can take away. (stop reading in condescending, sing-song voice)

andrew's brain is the farthest thing from mush that i've ever seen. and, i should know, i see lots of mushy brains on a daily basis.

Shandra said...

yeah, i agree w/ jessica!

:P to you broughton!

elly said...

Shandra - I'm glad to know that it's not just my comment that Chet wouldn't post on his blog - good to know I'm in good company :)

Jessica said...

when did chet get a blog? or is this ash's blog (that chet is in charge of right now) that you speak of? and what comments were erased?

Anonymous said...

Hey, back off. I had some admin issues. Everything should be back to normal now. Go let the comments fly. These bloggers are awful demanding. How long have you guys been holding back this comment anger?

Anonymous said...

Just be glad I haven't gone male blog subject matter yet. I am holding back since it is Ashley's blog.

Shandra said...

nah, i don't want to comment anymore. :)