Thursday, June 29, 2006

vbs

Well, I've been doing VBS this week. My friend, Dawn, is helping me with it and we are having a great time. I will say that it is kicking my butt...that might not be appropriate to say...oh well! Anyway, we are constantly doing something from 9-12 and have no time to stop. It's a lot more work than I remember. When I get home I'm exhausted!! Poor Andrew goes with me and won't take a morning nap there because he has too many toys to play with and he sleeps away the afternoon!...which is nice for me.

I had a friend come help me at VBS today. Some of you may know her....Carrie Owen!! Her husband had some work to do here so she came up to my church and hung out with me!! It was fun seeing her and hopefully next time she comes in will have more time to visit!!!! WE BETTER CARRIE!

That's all from here...need to hit the hay because I'm exhausted!!!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

We have VBS this week too. I'm so tired! I'm glad Andrew is sleeping. Sarah thinks that the 10 mins she gets in the car is enough for her. Have a great last day!

Anonymous said...

Shan...you are doing a FABULOUS job with those kids...even if one steals and lies! HA! Poor kids that went after us probably had no "snow" for their game. HA! It was good seeing you..just too short. Andrew is precious...as he should be...just like his mommy!! :)

Shandra said...

Shandra said...
Deborah, I know what you mean. I turn on the TV so Andrew will watch TV the whole way home. (It's about a 25 min. drive.) So he falls asleep right before we pull into the neighborhood. The whole way home I'm talking to him and stuff to keep him up.

Carrie, I know...who knew we had a theif!! I meant to tell you that the music teacher had to leave Tuesday b/c they found out her son has spinal meningitis. So those ladies were thrown into music....I'm sure it was a little obvious! :)

Anonymous said...

Shan..the poor music teacher. What a blessing those ladies stepped in. The kids had a good time...that is all that matters! Hope today goes well..your last one!!! Aren't you glad you don't have to do that daily!!! Whew! hehe!