Thursday, June 08, 2006

VBS and a job offer

Today I ran up to church to pick up my VBS packet. I'm going to be teaching kindergarten and am pretty pumped!! I have a lot of work to do, but will get it done eventually. Anyone wanna come decorate my room? They make such a big deal out of decorating the rooms. Each teacher was given $40 for the decorations. It amazes me because I would think that money could go towards other things...but what do I know?!!?

While I was up at church they offered me a job! I know, kind of crazy seeing how I wasn't looking. It's not some big important job...it's just working in the nursery area. It's only one day a week for 3 hrs and the pay is great! There are a few pros and cons about it. Pros...money, the people I would work with are great, and Andrew would get to go with me. Cons...Andrew could get sick more, it's 20 mins. from my house, and I wouldn't be able to go to Bible study. They are very flexible on the scheduling and in August they would like for me to do it two times a week. Not sure what I'll do. I'm kind of torn because the point of me staying home is to be with my child...but then I'm like, it's only 3 hrs 1 day a week...it can't hurt him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude- try it and if you don't like it, tell them it just won't work. I think it sounds great- i think you should totally go for it! (Have I mentioned I'm missing my second family?) :(

Anonymous said...

wow- sounds good. you might look at it like "is the Lord trying to provide me with this b/c of something we need/will need?" He likes to do that sometimes ;p, plus it gets you out of the house for money, and it's only 3 hours. like kristi said, if it's not working, you can quit!

Shandra said...

you girls are right...i can quit if it's too much.

and no kristi...you haven't mentioned it! :) have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

You should do some work instead of just spending all of Lando's hard earned money all the time.

Shandra said...

Lando has no money!...it's my money he makes!!! :) "what's his is mine and what's mine is mine!"

Shandra said...

Oh Wise One...if you could READ you would see that I am already up there for Bible study. So the whole gas thing and Andrew getting wound up isn't an issue. I think I'm going to give it a go b/c they are desperate and if I don't like it I'll quit! Thanks tho Hur!