Well, we just got back from the doctor and he doesn't think it's ringworm. He said in order to know 100% he would have to scrape his face and look under a microscope. He and I both said no to that! He thinks its eczema. Stacy did you say that? I can't remember. So he gave me some lotions to use and we will see if that will clear it up. I have a friend growing up who had eczema and remember thinking...that stuff can get gross. He said to put lotion on the dry spots I find and it shouldn't flare up....especially since he is 7 1/2 months old and this is his first time to get it. I hope he's right!
19 comments:
Poor little guy- he just needs a hug from his Aunt Kristi- and he'll get one tonight! See you then!
Awww...poor little Andrew. Funny thing is..he probably doesn't even know it's there! :)
He doesn't know. I'm glad and thankful that it hasn't bothered him.
both my children have forms of eczema. i'm an expert on treatments - let me know if you want a long email telling you of my experiences...
Hopefully the lotions will clear it up!
Michelle...I'll see how this lotion does and then I might be emailing you!
I think it's because of the humid climate in Houston - you need to move up north - to Dallas!
wow jill!! i'm impressed you know about eczema!
My baby had it when he was about 7 1/2 months old too.
shut up jill - are you still making up stories?
i don't know if i said it but it sounded more like eczema (or atopic dermatitis if you wanna get real technical)based on the course and the location. but i couldn't see it so i figured i shouldn't contradict the doctor who has seen it! since i've had eczema since birth i could tell you more than you ever wanted to know from the patient as well as the doctor point of view. the best thing would be to keep the area dry...as in no drool. so yeah, good luck with that!
i didnt do any research for you this time shan, since you have been to the doctor already...you still gonna come up to see keri?
bradley...i'm not sure if march will work. what weekend did she say she was coming in? i know she said she would be back this summer so i might wait till then.
well, she mentioned to me that she was coming, but she isn't staying long. my in-laws are coming in this weekend so that won't work for me. i'll have to catch her this summer. :(
Ash...isn't it nice to know that Jill hasn't changed!
Stacy...thanks for the advice!! it looks much better today.
glad he's not fungal. although it did look alot like it huh?? we should've known since none of us contracted it! at least eczema is manageable
u watch AI last night? i missed it
I just wanted to fit in with all the people with babies on this blog.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight jill!
Whatever, Shandra. My baby and Jill's baby play together every week for a play date. You sure don't keep up with your Dallas friends very well!
Post a Comment