Thursday, February 16, 2006

just to post

I am writing...just to post something. I don't really having anything important or intelligent (no comment Jessica!) to write about.
Matt was home by noon today and we decided to go look for Andrew a new car seat. It's a little sad because it makes me realize that he keeps getting bigger and won't stay little forever! :( I love having a baby. I kind of wish they would stay babies a little longer....anyway. We did find a car seat. There are a ton to choose from and it just makes you ask yourself what makes them all different and what makes one better? What a pain. How are people supposed to know what to get when it's their first child? I had researched different car seats, but couldn't really find the information I was looking for. Guess I was looking for a website that would say....Shandra, _____is the best car seat for Andrew. The one we chose had good ratings though....it's no Britax like you rich people get. I was tempted to get the Roundabout Britax (it was the cheapest of the 5 there), but I'm going to see how this one works and if Andrew likes it.
Tomorrow night we are going to my friends who is having the twins. Matt's going to help her husband put swings and beds together....so it will be a couple of days before I post again (Deborah, Megan B., Jill, and Bradley.) So don't be leaving me rude comments!!!

14 comments:

Deborah said...

Which car seat did you get??

If you love having a baby..have another one!!

Shandra said...

We got the Alpha Omega by Cosco. I think. I liked it b/c it had cushions to support his head when he falls asleep and the cheapest Britax didn't have that. What kind do you have? I think we talked about car seats when you were here, but I can't remember.

I am ready for another one, but I know it will only get harder. So I'll just stick with one for now.

Deborah said...

We have the roundabout. I love it. It isn't too big or heavy like the other Britax. Of course, when we were looking there were only 2 kinds of Britax..roundabout and Marathon. Now they tons of car seats and lots of extras. I'm sure Andrew will love it! He won't know any difference!

Shandra said...

Yeah, they do have a ton of Britax now. Of course the one w/ all the extras that I want are nearly $300. So I stuck w/ mine for $150. We'll see how it goes. We are going on a trip next weekend... maybe so that will be the true test!

Megan said...

Glad you found one you like. Jolie would not be riding in a Britax if her Grandpa had not purchased it. You are brave to say you already want another child! I want two more, but I'm enjoying Jolie's increasing independence right now. Every time we turn around someone in our Sunday School class is pregnant. I hope I don't drink the water - yet.

Shandra said...

Yeah Megan, I remember talking to you about the car seat and remember you said you had a Britax. Do you think Jolie's Grandpa could come visit us? :)

Michelle said...

STAY AWAY from pregnancy-inducing water!!! just kidding - i'm sure #3 will be fun for us, as long as i'm on drugs. kidding, of course.

oh yeah, this post is about car seats. we went for overall comfort/safety since we travel long distances. dan went online and priced out the safest of what we could afford. i could tell you the name if i did not have two kids screaming at me...

Shandra said...

sorry Megan, but you know that you would be hounding me to post something!!! :)

Anonymous said...

sure is a long post for someone who has nothing to say......
um, i believe you're a few days behind!! you're DONE putting car seats together missy!!
ps- is anyone else having to type in a word before they publish a comment?!?

Mandy said...

Time to blog again, Shandra. The public is anxiously awaiting. :)

Anonymous said...

Shan...post a video of your baby cry...I haven't heard that in a while. BETTER YET...surprise me with it on my cell phone today during the day to pump me up for tomorrow's TAKS test! :)

Shandra said...

I'll write something later. I've got errands to run this morning w/ Andrew.

Jill...I changed it so I can't get spam so now you have to type in the word. Sorry for the inconvience! :P I'll probably end up taking it off b/c it will annoy me.

ashley said...

you rich people - i don't even know what Britax is!!! i think the last carseat i purchased was 69.95 and i love it!!

Shandra said...

ash...i only knew what a britax was b/c it seemed like everyone i asked had one.