Monday, February 13, 2006

sippy cup and weekend report

Let me just start off by saying that I got Andrew a sippy cup and he can actually drink out of it!! I was SO excited!!! A friend told me about the Nuby soft spout sippy cup and I picked one up for him from Babies R Us this weekend. Thanks everyone for the great advice!!

Speaking of Babies R Us...this weekend my in-laws were in. Matt's brother and his wife. (Check her blog out
http://weldiesparents.blogspot.com/) So they came in for the weekend and Jill (my sister-in-law) had no idea what I had planned for her!! I have a friend who is pregnant w/ twin girls who was put on bed rest about 3 weeks ago because she started having contractions. I had gone to my friends house to look through all her baby stuff and realized that she is NOT ready to have the babies yet. She does have a lot of stuff, but not much of the stuff she will "need" in the beginning. Being on bed rest she can't get out and her husband is clueless (like most guys) as to what she would need. So, I volunteered to take care of the situation since she was there for me all during my pregnancy. I was thrilled that I could repay the help. The only thing was...Jill was going w/ me! :) The guys went fishing while we went shopping. We returned stuff and about 400 dollars later I felt like my friend was set. (Now granted smocked dresses are not a "need", but a definite must have!) Thanks Jill for being a trooper and entertaining Andrew the whole time!! It was good see y'all and we had a nice visit!!!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

How thoughtful of you! Of course, smocked dresses are a need!

Megan said...

You are a good friend! Glad Andrew liked the Nuby sippy cup. Jolie has several & really likes them. I'm glad someone made that suggestion.

Anonymous said...

whew!! just got home a little while ago. made great time since there was no rain!! we had a blast too, and we snuck andrew in our bags, so he's here with us! (just in case u didn't notice) lol thanks for having us - hopefully it won't be several months before we do this again!
oh-the shopping trip wasn't bad at all ;p