Monday, February 20, 2006

this and that


Today's been a busy day. I've been doing all the "housework" and am now making dinner. I stink like onions...could be because I haven't showered yet today...but really it's because I've been cutting up onions! I hate that job! Too bad you aren't here Jill or that would be your job. :)


I'm trying to get things ready because I think we might go meet family in Shreveport this weekend. (I like to come home from trips to a spotless house.) Sorry I'll miss the big Mardi Gras party friends, but family calls. My parents aren't getting any younger and any time they will meet in Shreveport I try to take them up on it. Maybe we'll hit a parade while we are there. I think Andrew would enjoy that.

Here's a picture of Matt and Andrew from last night. Andrew stole his daddy's other popsicle!!! No, I don't usually give my child pure sugar!!...his daddy does!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mardi Gras party? Why wasn't I informed? What's a good night to come over this week? Tommorrow?

Deborah said...

What are you making for dinner that you need to start at noon??

Shandra said...

Deborah...I have a crock pot cookbook and LOVE IT! Plus my house smells great! It so nice to throw everything in and then let it cook all day! You don't have to think about it.

Shandra said...

Kristi...it's no one you know! :P

Anonymous said...

:P right back at you!

Megan said...

regarding the onion smell...i saw a tip on martha stewart's show about getting tough smells off your hands when cooking. (such as garlic & onions) she said to wash your hands while rubbing them on a stainless steel knife. don't rub the blade, of course. i tried it recently & it took the smell away!

Shandra said...

Megan...what a great tip! i'll have to try that..w/o rubbing the blade of course!

Unknown said...

It works on rubbing them on your kitchen sink too, that might avoid any mishaps with sharp knives! Ah Megan, you took my next sideblog tip!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm SO with you on the coming home to a spotless house!! i thought i was the only weirdo ;p
and i would NOT be cutting onions, they make me cry. my sis can't do it either. i called her the other day and she answered the phone SOBBING. well almost. said she was chopping onions!!lol

Jessica said...

f.y.i. super target has lots of vegetable items already cut up. i detest dicing onions or bell peppers, etc., so i'm all about paying just a little more to have it done for me. saves mucho time, and my hands smell like whatever lotion i'm wearing instead.

Shandra said...

Jessica...HELLO?..do you know who I am married to?? He's all about saving a penny!

Sarah said...

Just a side tip...if you run your onions under water before chopping it cuts down on the tears.
That is a cute picture of Matt and Andrew. Daddy's sure know how to spoil their babies don't they! My husband likes to do all of the "fun" stuff but leave the unfun (like baths, etc.) to Mama!

Michelle said...

nothing wrong with an popsicle every now and then...you'd be surprised how much you can get done while he's in the high chair trying to eat one!!

Unknown said...

how are the solids going? Sadie is on a feed-myself-only strike and it's driving me insane. I'm afraid my child is malnourished because I can't get her to eat anything but cheese, smoothies or yogurt! Anyway, how's andrew doing with feeding, aside from the popsicles of course!

Shandra said...

amy...that pic of you and john is really funny! i can't wait to show matt!

andrew is doing really well with solids. thanks for asking. of course he hates peas and something else...but i think peas are nasty too. so we struggle getting him to eat some nights. i've started giving him a veggie and 1/2 fruit at dinner and oatmeal and 1/2 fruit for breakfast. it's totally a learning process for me and i keep asking matt...should i give him more? (like matt has a clue) he seems content when the jar is empty. guess he will let me know. when did you start feeding her solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner? my dr didn't really say anything about that. he just said...play with it. WHAT does that mean? the only "real" food he has eaten is pretzels and he LOVES them. they make a big mess, but it keeps him entertained for a while!

my niece is 7 and all she eats is cheese and yogurt. she's skinny too. i'm sure sadie isn't malnourished...take her to McDonald's to add on a few pounds! :) i hope this phase passes soon for you.

Anonymous said...

your husband is a tard in that sweatshirt

Shandra said...

yes, he would look much better in a LSU one wouldn't he...you big DORK! be a man and post your name or i will change it to not accept anonymous comments!!!!!!!!!

a likens said...

You know how it is... Sneaking around on everyone's blog... I just thought I would let you know how much I like to hear about your family... Precious to me...

Shandra said...

thanks angie!