I'm sure those of you without children have clicked off my blog already...but those of you still reading...I need some ideas!
We have introduced the sippy cup to Andrew maybe a month ago. I admit that I am not persistent in giving it to him daily, but I try. Anyway, he doesn't understand it. All he wants to do is chew on it. I've taken the spill proof part out so I can kind of pour it into his mouth (it doesn't pour out quickly), but he's not getting the concept of the cup. It drives me crazy!!! Matt has more patience for it than I do. Any ideas as to getting him to actually suck from the cup and not just chew on it??
21 comments:
With Hannah we started out with plain water, she didn't really think much of it. Then we put a little apple juice in with the water and she gulped it down.
With Sarah we went straight to straw cups.
I hate to say it, but I think patience is the key. Just keep giving it to him & he will figure it out. It took Jolie a little while to get the hang of it (especially since she skipped the bottle all together) but she figured it out. Adding a little juice is a good idea as well.
no we are NOT going shopping with u know who on saturday. say it isn't so...
Tell him to drink it or he is exiled to Aunt Bufkin's.
dude...what the?! i would spoil him to death. it's not like it would teach him anything to be with me. i'm sick of anonymous on your blog, shan. time to reinstate the bloggers only rule!
does anonymous know that you are not my sister-in-law?! sheesh!
Patience is the key! Anna did not take to the sippy cup until she was around 10 months old. She refused to drink milk out of it thought! We took the bottle away completly and she still would not drink milk out of the sippy cup. To this day, she does not drink milk. The doc says its okay though because she eats LOTS of cheese and yogurt! I guess my point is that if he's like my daughter it might take awhile! I would say, don't force him...he will take it when he's ready. But then again...I am a very laid back person when it comes to these things.
Yeah, I know it Bufkin. Don't make me come to Dallas and whoop your butt. How about a no Bufkins rule?
Bufkin...that's dumb Broughton!
I agree Sarah. I think it's just going to take him a while and it's going to take me offering it to him every day.
Thanks everyone for the great advice!!
what jumped up broughton's butt? gotten a bit of a 'tude in his old age...
Stacy, I think Broughton just needs someone to flirt with!!!
ahh, the whole pulling the girl's pigtails method. maybe he's not so old after all...
Shan...post some pics of Andrew! :) Can you do a video that Megan? That would be GRAND!!!!
Carrie...I will try and post some pics. Today I am cleaning as I have companing coming in this weekend. So I'm trying to get wash caught up and all. Doing a video will take me a while as I haven't gotten my camera out in a while...I'm such a bad parent!
that's RIGHT you've got company. i'm glad to know u still consider us company - lol can't wait!!
Sounds great! :) Did you ever find anything else out about the teaching stuff?
Jill...I should have said annoying company and you do know she's not coming!
Carrie...no I didn't find anything else out for her. We got home at 10 last night so I'll probably call her today and see what she's going to do. She's really bummed.
Let me look at some stuff and get back with you. Did she not get into the region at Houston? Ecap or something is what a lot of people did in Irving. Don't know anything about it. Could she do something online? Tell her to call the universities, comm colleges around the area. We are going to an A&M basketball game tonight, but I will look over the next few days and get back with you.
Hey, do you use the soft top cups? Sadie loves them, although bottles are still easier for her to hold by herself. And how is the whole "feeding solids" coming?
I didn't know Broughton read our blogging adventures, I'm not sure if I should feel honored or scared to death.
oh my, hr is just too cute! how fun, enjoy the moments!
"he" is too cute!:}
Thanks Mrs. Elly!!
Amy...I don't take it as a compliment that Broughton is reading these. It just means I need to turn my filter on. :)
The cups I use are the Gerber ones. They do have the soft top, but I've seen some that are softer. I'm going to look at Babies R Us this weekend. Solids are going great. He doesn't like peas or green beans tho. Quite funny! :) Thanks for asking!
Post a Comment