Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

We just got back from a very short trip to Shreveport. Matt was off work for two days which is the only reason I went...of cours I wanted to see my family, but I won't travel with Andrew by myself because he gets bored in the back and that's no fun when it's just me. Anyway, if you are living in Shreveport and didn't get called...don't take it personally. We didn't call anyone to say we were coming in town. My parents met us there and we just had family time. Wish we could have stayed and made it to the Mitchell-Sanks wedding and big party at the BSU, but it just wasn't possible.
Well, it was nice to see my family and we had a great trip, but now comes the unpacking. (yuck) Packing is always fun...but I dread unpacking. So now I am playing catch up. The wash needs to get done and I have cleaning to do....plus taking down all the Christmas stuff. Tonight we have friends coming over to bring in the New Year!!! It's only about 6 couples, but I have a lot to do before then. We will also be kicking them out before midnight because Matt has to work early tomorrow. They knew this when we invited them...so don't think I'm gonna just kick them all out at like 10 o'clock rudely. We have great friends who party like we do. Any time we all get together we are usually all home by 10...10:30 the latest! Aren't we party animals. So with all this being said...I shouldn't be blogging. I just didn't want any nasty comments on how I haven't blogged in a while. Hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

i was poised and ready to comment about your lack of new blogs, but then i found this one when i got to your site. what do you know? shmiller has a life. she actually leaves the computer every now and then!

Shandra said...

yes, i do have a life other than bloggin'!! well, not much of a life! maybe i should have another kid!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year--about the gift entry, what did you do with the gift you told me about? I don't know who all reads this, so I will remain silent! :) I think it's time for baby #2!!

Anonymous said...

Miller--have you been out of the classroom that long? it's YOU'RE not YOUR! Now from the text you sent me a little while ago, to this comment...are you sure you're sober??!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Matt I will write rude comments about him here if we won't let us talk--he can watch TV anytime, right?! Just kidding!!! :) OH--Talley let me leave a comment! :)

Shandra said...

Carrie...I don't know what you are talking about...hahaha!! I deleted it!! You could do that if you had your own blog!!
I should blog about what we talked about last night. :)

Jessica said...

i'm sorry...blogs are public information. translation: shut up with the inside stuff.

Shandra said...

jessica...you need to blog about last night. i am anxiously awaiting details!!!

Anonymous said...

How was your big party last night?

Jessica said...

i just got home (8:30 p.m.). i, like stacy, am working on about 4 hours of sleep. i have dial-up--yes, i know, but i have T1 at school and i've seen little need to pay for more at home. it will take forever to download and find pictures other than the ones stacy posted. so, tomorrow evening after school, i pledge to post about saturday's events.

Shandra said...

jessica...you are excused...for now! I will be checking at 5:23 tomorrow evening and I expect a new blog with pics! girlfriend...dial-up? oh my!