Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just one of those days!

So you know how some days you don't know where your mind is?... well, I had one of those days today. I don't really know why, but here it goes...I was writing some thank you notes (Megan Strain inspired me to do them as soon as I get the gift) and figured Andrew and I would walk them down to the mailbox. (Our mailbox is in a joint one at the end of the street...don't know why but that's the thing here...maybe we have lazy mailmen here or something.) So we take the letters down and when we got back I started to clean the table off and noticed a thank you note that I had written and THOUGHT I mailed but obviously hadn't! I'm such a dork! I totally addressed the envelope and thought I had put the card in the envelope and I hadn't!! I couldn't get the letter out of the mailbox because it's one of those where you can only put something and not get anything out! So I felt like the biggest dork because now this person was going to get an empty envelope from me!! Luckily!...Matt and I went walking and when we got back home the mailman was delivering the mail. So I went down there and explained what a goofball I am and she gave me back the empty envelope! I have learned my lesson...I will always check the envelope before I mail it. Oh..and I tell Matt this story...so what does he say?...you wasted a stamp! Thanks Matthew!

2 comments:

Megan said...

you're giving me way too much credit! i'm not always on top of my thank you notes - it's fun to write them to people you like :)

Unknown said...

What a new mommy!!!!!! I have totally lost all of my mind, so atleast you have the ability to "Think" of writing thank you notes! I have a friend that says when she had the baby she pushed out all her brain cells too!
Amy
P.S. - kudos to Shandra for working out!