Thursday, December 08, 2005

Santa's little helper



We tried to take Christmas pictures tonight and Andrew was not very cooperative. We tried a family shot, but Andrew was too busy eating his shirt and not looking at the camera. I tried some with just him and that wasn't too good either...he's either drooling, blowing his cheeks out, or looking off in space. It was a lot easier last year. Of course next year I will probably be chasing him around the house with the camera! Does it ever get easier?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Shandra, since you called and yelled at me last night, here I am...I am not lost forever! :) About the easier part...girl, PLEASE! Don't you remember the days of chasing 20 kids around...trying to get them to write, read and LISTEN??!!! HELLO!!! I think Andrew is easy! :) Everyone thinks Andrew is another nephew of mine because I have pics of my nephews on my frig and then your Andrew. They get a little confused when I say that is Andrew, but not the same Andrew, as my sis's child. Anyway--off to get 20 kids to sit, listen and pass the TAKS test...this state is SO messed up! HA! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Shan -

those are precious. go with the first one...I love it. although, i like the second one too. it shows his little personality. in one of Stone's year pictures, he's waving and i love it because it reminds me of what he was doing at that age... ~ ash

Shandra said...

Ash-
If you really look at that first pic he is just a drooling! I'm sure everyone would love to look at his spit. :) I'm going to try again tonight. Of course Matt wants to take a family picture. Who knows what will happen!

Megan said...

I agree that BOTH of these pictures are precious! I particularly like the one of him blowing his cheeks out - that's too fun!

Jessica said...

why is your child lacking a butt chin? life is so unfair.

Shandra said...

No Jessica...he definitely has a butt chin, but luckily he has one like mine and it's not NEARLY as deep as his daddy's!!

Jessica said...

ah, God is indeed good and all is right in the world. j/k

p.s. i just want you to know that i woke up in the middle of the night worrying about writing the previous post. i thought about retiring all sassiness. then, i had to rest in the assurance that one smart aleck truly, deeply understands another. love you, shmiller!

Shandra said...

Jessica...I'm a little confuzzled! I know...doesn't take much! Were you talking about what YOU posted?...or my post on being retired now (it's an inside joke.. totally didn't mean it to rub anyone the wrong way.) I really didn't take that time filler seriously..obviously look at #7 in the opposite sex one.

Jessica said...

oh gosh, no...i'm talking about my post about the butt chin. i would never want you to think i was making fun of your precious child.

however, i'm so not above making fun of your husband's chin (as amy and i have been doing since our freshman year of college)!

Shandra said...

OH! Now I get it!! I totally didn't take it the wrong way then. When we had a sonogram done you could see a little dark spot on Andrew's chin so we just KNEW he would have a dimple!!..or butt chin.

Didn't someone LICK Matt's chin??? AMY, do YOU know anything about that??? And don't worry...I'm ALL about you making fun of Matt!! :)