
I guess Andrew knew today was Christmas because he was wide eyed at 6:30 this morning. I was by no means ready to get up. Matt left for work at 6 and I was sure I would have another hour or so of shut eye...nope! So we got up and watched a little tv and waited on Matt to get word that he could leave work.
By 8 Andrew was ready for a nap (punk!) and so was I, but instead I started getting ready. At 9 Matt walked in the door...he's another punk b/c he didn't call to tell me and I was in the back getting ready and the house alarm went off. Freaked me out. We woke Andrew up and started opening presents. An hour later we were finished. Andrew did open presents with my help getting him started. He's a pro now! He pooped out about noon and is still sleeping. That boy got SO many presents it's crazy!! Matt and I hardly got him anything and I'm glad now b/c he has WAY too much stuff! He doesn't realize how spoiled he already is. So I am washing his new clothes and am watching his dvd...Baby Einstein. I know...it's for him, but I just wanted to see what all they hype is about. I can totally see these videos getting on my nerves.
All in all we had a great day. I really hope that our children come to realize the REAL meaning of Christmas...I mean, I knew as a kid, but I LOVED presents! I just hope we can teach them that it's not about the presents. I have seen how other children get about presents and I hope that Andrew and our other children (if we have more) don't get "bratty" about Christmas. I guess it will just depend on how we teach them and bring them up...but what do you do when it's not you who spoil them...but the grandparents? :)
5 comments:
I love the Baby Einstein series! I know when they are watching I have a good 30 minutes to do whatever. You'll learn to love them!
I agree with Michelle. Baby Einstein is a great 30 minute babysitter. Jolie gets so excited when I put one on. We are planning on her watching several on our way to Florida today! Glad you had a Merry Christmas.
Yeah, actually that video wasn't too bad and I will probably go buy more of them, but like The Wiggles? OH MY! They were on Regis and Kellyand I was getting a little annoyed. Hopefully Andrew won't ever find that show. :)
Neither of my kids like the Wiggles or Barney - we dodged two bullets!! Just never introduce Andrew to them!
yes, I will NOT be introducing them...especially Barney!! Can't believe he's still around!
Post a Comment