Thursday, January 11, 2007

my little artist

Not much to report around here. I took Andrew to the doctor the other day for his 18 month visit and he totally freaked out. Guess he remembered getting his flu shot...TWICE! Doc says he looks good and was impressed with his motor skills...which explains why he hasn't really taken off with his talking. I can tell he is getting there though. He tries hard t o copy us and is constantly babbling about something to me or daddy.
I've been feel great. Really can't complain. I am tired some days but am fortunate enough to snooze when Andrew does. I'm already 22 weeks and it really has flown by. Hopefully the rest of this pregnancy will go just as smoothly!
I'll leave you with pictures of Andrew's latest obsession...

He does these little half circles all over the driveway.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new profile picture is cute.
Glad you are feeling well. Andrew is adorable. Can't wait to see Blake.

Shandra said...

YOU GO LIZ!! I'm impressed you left a comment!!! I'm about to go by your site and see Miss Clara!!!

Anonymous said...

Santa brought Jolie some sidewalk chalk, but I've been too lazy to take her out to draw. Maybe it's time. Andrew is such a cutie. Jolie didn't really start talking too much until at least 18 months. Once they get started their vocabulary really explodes. "More milk." "Watch tv." "play friends." It's so much fun!

Deborah said...

We haven't had peace and quiet in a long time. Hannah never stops talking! Poor Sarah can't get a word in!

Cute pic! You should print that out and put it on the fridge!

Anonymous said...

stone loves sidewalk chalk, but he's not as experienced with it as andrew! looks like you have a little picasso on your hands - i mean the artist part, not the lifestyle!!

Mandy said...

I think Andrew should come to Dallas sometime soon. I have a sidewalk at my apartment. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks fun! Have yet to try that one--right now our driveway is frosted over... He's doing a great job!

Jackson developed so late in the talking area. As long as Andrew is pointing & is giving lots of eye contact then you have nothing to worry about. A lot of boys are later than girls in the talking area (does this really surprise you thou)?? :)

Shandra said...

man, andrew would love to draw all over your sidewalk!! really he would just LOVE to be outside. he doesn't care if it's raining, snowing or sleeting. he throws a HUGE fit when it's time to come in.

jessica, yeah, he makes eye contact and stuff. i guess i just thought he'd be talking more by now. he was so early at everything else...crawling, walking, sitting, rolling over...that i just figured he'd be a yapper by now. he's trying tho. guess it will just hit one day. i'm just tired of the whining phase!! :) oh well.
our driveway might have ice on it tonight though!!!!

Jessica said...

I don't know why my post showed up as anonymous..I'm not trying to be sneaky or anything! :)

Shandra said...

i don't know either. i just changed to the new blogger so maybe that has something to do w/ it. b/c i thought it said your name. i did the same thing to megan. no big deal!