Tuesday, January 30, 2007

busy bees


Well, we've been busy little bees around here lately. We are trying to get Blake's room done. We've painted it...well, Matt did majority of the painting...and now we just need to move in the furniture. We can't do that until we get Andrew some "big boy" furniture. My sister has loaned me her crib for him that turns into a toddler bed. I think we are going to leave him in the crib until after Blake gets here and starts sleeping through the night. It's just so easy to put Andrew to bed and I know he will run with the freedom of a toddler bed. So I will fight that battle when Blake starts sleeping through the night....which will hopefully be as early as Andrew did! PLEASE, LORD!! Anyway, we are looking for matching big boy furniture and will just store his twin bed until we need it.

In the picture you see that we had to hand paint the brown line. We couldn't find tape to stick on the wall. It was a little bit of a nightmare but I'm really impressed with it. Here's the finished project.....
I know it has a glare...but you get the point!! I think we still had another coat of brown to put on when I took this picture.

What was Andrew doing while we were painting?...


You know...just chillin' and watching Johnny and the Sprites with his belly hangin' out!


I'll leave you with this picture of Andrew and his silliness! He loves books! Loves to read them, for you to read them and he's just figure out he can stand them up! It was funny because he would stand them up and then try to fit his big bottom in the middle of them and they would all fall down...and he wasn't happy!!! So that's his latest trick...if you even call that a trick. Carrie, sorry I don't have a video of it. It was quite entertaining for me to watch him try to get in the middle of them!!!

17 comments:

Deborah said...

Keep him in the cage...I mean crib as long as you can! We had to move Hannah at 2 because she was crawling out and Sarah was coming, but I think we'll leave Sarah in hers until 3 at least!

Great job on Blake's room!

Lin said...

Hey Shandra!
I saw you over on Bekah's blog. Long time no see. I was trying to think what class we had together at Tech, but I can't remember. Isn't that sad. Guess the memory is the first to go. Andrew is so cute! Congrats on baby #2!

Jessica said...

Super cute! How was it painting the red? We are painting our laundry room red and bought the grey primer--any hints? I agree with keeping Andrew in the crib as long as possible. I would find Jackson asleep right by his door in the mornings and nap times also went out the window until he got used to it. He was able to stay in his crib until he was 2.5 years.

Shandra said...

deb...i agree. i'm in no hurry to move him out!!

lindsey! hey girl!! so good to hear from you. i'll have to stop by your blog! and girl, being pregnant has killed what little brain cells i had. i can't even think of what class we had together. i'm sure it was some child development class tho.

jessica..no tips on the red. the room blake is moving into was the computer room and matt had painted it a grey color. i think he did two or three coats tho. red is a pain to work with!! :)

ashley said...

The ONLY tape I have ever had work for me (since I'm addicted to painting stripes) is the cheap white tape at Home Depot in the paint dept. It really does stick to any wall and doesn't leak paint underneath. I do like the brown stripe, though, so I'm glad you painted it.

Shandra said...

we tried some white painters tape from home depot that didn't work and then just regular masking tape. we've had paint leak underneath too. it's a pain. that room isn't huge so it wasn't too bad doing the stripe by hand. if there is a next time, i'll look into the home depot cheap tape tho!

Anonymous said...

Shan...the pics are good! The room looks GREAT and Andrew is as funny as ever! :) Keep 'em coming! :)

Megan said...

blake's room does look great! & i love the playhouse disney reference. i don't think i would survive in the mornings without playhouse disney and dora, of course.

Anonymous said...

looks good - and i agree about painting w/red. where did u find blake's construction bedding? i want to see it. can't wait to see you guys!

Lauren said...

Hey Shandra Miller!!!!!! How are you??? Ya know, I was just thinking the other day about my days in Dudley. It made me think of you and Christie...do you ever talk to her? Andrew is adorable...congratulations on Baby #2! It was so good hearing from you...thanks for stopping by :) I know where to find you now!

Anonymous said...

Kind of a "Red Dawn" theme. Room looks good. Three hours ago there was an office discussion about painting rooms red. I commented that there's a fine line between tints of red. Some look great, some like psycho. I don't think anyone cared though.

That one looks good though.

Elizabeth said...

Blakes room looks great! I am very impressed because I hate painting a plain room. Definitely would hate painting stripes.
But my mom and sister did paint strips on my nieces room and used one of those things that beams a small staight line to make the line straight. I can't think what it is called. More brain cells gone!

Anonymous said...

laser level

Shandra said...

anon 12:54...we used a chalk thinkgy to measure off the stripe on the wall. we wanted to use tape so it would be easier to paint. we didn't have a problem getting the line up and straight... it was just the painting it part. make sense?

Anonymous said...

I was talking to the prior post before me, she couldn't remember what thing that beams the straight line on the wall.

Shandra said...

my bad anon. i thought you were thinking i did it all by hand...i get it now! plus my prego brain doesn't work some days. :)

Michelle said...

shandraaa, guess what i'm mailing today!!!!!!! :)