Thursday, January 25, 2007

working girl!

Yep, that's right! I'm back working again! Okay, well, it's only 5 hours a week but they take out taxes!!! Anyway, I'm working in the nursery at my church during the Bible studies. I'm doing it two days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day. Not too bad. It's only for the next 2 1/2 months. I've told the lady in charge that I might not be there the whole time. It just depends on how I'm feeling and stuff.

But get this...I had a mom bring her son in Wednesday. He was probably 10 months and as she was taking his jacket of she said..."You might want to keep the other kids away from him because he's been sick with and cold and such lately." Can I just tell you I wanted to slap that mom!!! I know that's harsh but WHY would you bring your SICK kid to church when you can keep him home?????? I was like, well I hope I don't get it! Then she said since it was the first meeting she didn't want to miss. UGH! Some people! Needless to say, I might not last up there long!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful Shan...you know as a teacher you build your system up to fight off things. But remember your first year of teaching....probably got EVERYTHING! Tell that mom to take her kid back home!! How about a video of Andrew?! :) Feb. 20th is TAKS writing...I will need a video before then for my sanity! HA!

John said...

Next time tell her, "Its ok, that kid over there has chicken pox and the flu....they can play together." That should help her rethink what she is asking.

Shandra said...

that's good, john. i might just use that. or i might say i'm sick!!

carrie, i know. i think the first sign of getting sick up there and i'm done...being flu season and all!!

Meredith for the Davises said...

Okay, this steams me, big time! With Leighton just starting preschool--I have been thinking about this ALOT! I don't think that *most* parents are as germaphobic (if that is even a real word) as I am (and that is akay, really!), but when the Mom comes in saying 'hello, how are ya?, my son is sick', there is something WRONG with this scenario...turn'em away! Loved the chicken pox/flu comment! Hope ya'll stay well!! And by the way--your belly is adorable!

Shandra said...

meredith...i TOTALLY agree! i was totally caught off guard by her comment. i went to my "boss" and told her and she came and checked him out. he never had a runny nose, fever of cough. so he was okay to stay. she said if someone does that again to tell them we can't take them...and believe me! i will! i was just really caught off guard. i know i had a look on my face like...are you kidding me? and the other lady i was working w/ didn't say anything to the mom and she's been there longer than me. some people just amaze me.
hopefully leighton's teacher will be on top of things w/ sick kids and stuff. i had parents ALL the time send their sick kids to school. they would dope them up on meds in the morning that would wear off in the afternoon. it's sad for those kids because they don't want to be at school... they'd rather be in bed! and why would you want to expose the whole class? amazes me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shandra Lee,

Girl...it's been way too long!! Andrew is so cute, he looks just like I remember your nephews did. Love the pics of the temper tantrums, we have plenty of those at our house. Well, I just started a blog last week, so go check it out when you get a chance. I must say this blogging thing is quite addictive, I mean I got to set some sort of limits on myself...I just find myself jumping from blog to blog.

Anonymous said...

Where are the pics of Blake's room? My conference showed up, but it was quick! WOO HOO!!!