Blake is officially off the bottle! Can you tell he's my second child? I would have NEVER thought of doing that to Andrew. The day Blake turns one we'll be heading out of town for a week and a half. I REALLY didn't want to travel with bottles and such so I had asked the Dr. at his 9 month apt. if there was anyway we could transition to whole milk before his birthday. He said it's really okay to do it after 10 months and since Andrew didn't have a problem with milk he thought Blake would do fine. I really thought it would take longer than 4 days to get him off the bottle. I took away the night one first (with Andrew I did morning) and he did fine. After
2 days I figured why drag out the process...so we took out his morning one and is doing great! He would get so excited when he would see his bottle that I worried he was attached to it and it was going to be hard to transition...however, now he gets excited when he sees his milk cup...the boy just likes to eat and drink I guess!
8 comments:
Yep, according to the video from your last post, he definitely enjoys meal time. :) Once he gets better at actually getting more of the food into his mouth, he'll be in hog heaven. :) I'm glad he doesn't miss his bottle. I'm sure it will make traveling easier for you. Are you coming to Dallas? Just checkin...
wow you're a MEAN MAMA. shame on you. LOL - j/k. blake was probably just glad to stop drinking nasty formula!
wow! mandy, i feel so honored that you left a comment. :) i do want to make it to dallas this summer. i've just gotta get w/ matt and see if/when he can get time off. it will be either june or august. we'll see!!
Dallas request DENIED. Matt
He is so cute Shandra! Good goin' on the early bottle weaning! I'm convinced I babied Jackson too long and have made Sasha grow up way too fast! Oh the sob stories they will tell... I can't believe he's almost one!
Zadie weaned herself from the bottle...she got really sick for a week and couldn't have milk...from there it was easy to get her to take juice and water from a cup. Probably not the best way to do it though! ;)
So precious!!!! I love a sleeping baby!!!
Then, Matt, I will visit y'all at your house this summer instead. Now sending Shandra to Dallas sounds good, doesn't it? :)
Post a Comment