Well, we've moved Andrew into his big boy bed! I've really been dreading it. I've heard too many horror stories...kind of like potty training. I decided the best way to do it was at nap time. We set up the webcam so now I can watch him while I blog!! What would we do without technology! Anyway, he's done really well. He got out of bed the one time (to get a toy of course) and hasn't gotten out again....and no, I didn't beat him. :) Now if we could just get potty training down!!

He's turned into such a picky eater these days. We are lucky if we get one good meal out of him. Any tips? I try not to let him snack too close to dinner. Foods he used to love...he won't touch!
McDonald's? Nope...SO cannot be my child! Seriously, what child doesn't like
McDonald's??

Blake is doing well and getting big...in more ways than one! He'll be 8 months in a few days and I just can't believe it. He's definitely on the move these days. Guess he figures he needs to keep up with his brother. He's OBSESSED with Andrew's car and wherever Andrew drops one..Blake will find it! He even crawls down the hallway to Andrew's room looking for them! Seems like he's in to more things than Andrew was but Andrew didn't crawl long. Who knows.

Andrew wouldn't eat his green beans for lunch...so Blake did! Andrew wasn't sure what to think about that.

Well, if you haven't updated in a while...you need to update!! Don't make me call YOU out!
9 comments:
i hear you. my friends aren't updating either. ugh. cute pics. glad B is taking some table food. maybe it won't be a hard transition for him. or you :)
jolie's transition to the big girl bed was pretty easy. we had a little adjustment time, but it went by quickly. our bedtime routine is a little longer since we can now sit in her bed & read. the worst part is she arrives in our room at the crack of dawn (literally!) most mornings. praise the Lord for todd :)
megan, i'm very fortunate that andrew stays in bed until i come in to get him!! :) guess i shouldn't brag...it will come back to bite me in the butt!
stahley is a pretty picky eater these days. i take the "mean mommy" route - if she doesn't eat what i put on her plate, she goes to bed hungry. the other night she ate all of her green peas and salmon and then asked for more. eventually she gets hungry and eats! as for staying in bed, stone did well, too... i'm sort of dreading it with his sister, though!!
oh, yeah - don't even be calling people out on their blogging when you won't even participate in the voting comments!!
ash...we do the same thing w/ andrew. if he doesn't eat what we eat..he goes to bed hungry. my family thinks we are SO mean b/c he's only 2 but i think he needs to learn. however, he makes up for it at breakfast and will pig out. i'm gonna have to start offering him his dinner for breakfast i guess.
also, i so filled out a comment on your houses. i don't know what happened to it. did chet delete it b/c i didn't vote for his? JK!
dr sears says grazing is better than eating a lot at one time anyway...if he is consistently being offered healthful foods, i wouldn't worry too much...it seems like kids whose parents obsess too much about how much they eat have problems later with overeating-cause they don't learn to eat when their body is hungry...and let's face it, some days just require less calories when you are shut up like eskimos (it is like 20 * down here and we miss the sun!)
Shan...just don't make him clean his plate! I was told I had to clean my plate, and it's killing me in my adult years! I feel like I have to clean my plate and the portion sizes today are enough for 5 people! :) Talked with my doctor and he gave me a prescription for migranes. Lovely! :) I updated for you...of course it's nothing major! :)
I can't believe he doesn't even like McDonalds. Something must be wrong with him. You should definately take him to the Dr.
Post a Comment