Well, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and was excited to find out that I've actually dilated to a 1!!! With Andrew I was barely a 1 when I was induced 5 days late! Anyway, my doctor has said that she will induce me after next Tuesday. I'll be 39 weeks then. So Matt and I have decided to be induced on Thursday. I do have to call at 5:30 AM and make sure they have a bed for me. There is a chance they won't and then I'll try again on Friday. So we'll see! I'm excited and just hope everything goes smoothly!! And who knows...maybe I'll go into labor on my own!!!
14 comments:
We are right there with you. Lauren is 2 and we are anticipating next Tuesday or Wednesday even though she is a week behind you. www.shootfromhip.blogspot.com
Good luck and we look forward to the updates!
yea!! i know you are ready. but wait until the 13th, will 'ya? kidding, of course! :)
woo-hoo! the end is in sight. hope everything goes well. can't wait to see pics of the little guy.
I'm still hoping for the 16th! :) JUST KIDDING!!! May is a good month to have a baby...you get to have your b-day before school is out and then you get the best present....SUMMER BREAK!!! Funny when I was kid I thought that...and now as an adult I still think that! :)
That is crazy that you have to call for a bed. I guess the draw back of a big city. At our hospital there is a induction schedule and as long as you are on it for that day, then you will be induced.
We have 2 slots for midnight inductions, 2 4 am inductions, 2 6 am inductions, 2 8 am inductions, and 2 noon inductions. But most people are induced at 39 weeks-very few doctors here let their patients go past 40 weeks.
liz, the hospital i go to isn't even in the big city of houston. i go to one in the woodlands. pretty crazy tho.
hey shandra
sorry my site wouldn't let you post...i should get a note in my thing to tell me there is a thing waiting to be approved(you can tell i am so comp literate)...try again sometime...i would take off the screen except i just get all kinds of trash talkers and porn stuff on their...seriously what do people not have enough to do that they sit around and write programs to dump trash into other peoples email/computer ?
does anyone know if she's had the baby yet?
no, amy, i'm still here! playing the fun waiting game!!!
hey shan
i though you must be on...i just got the post and "approved" you don't you feel special...just kidding...so i didn't get to tell my most recent birthing story (cecile is #4 you know)...anyway, my bp was a bit high so i was induced and in just a few hours she was born but here is the thing...no pushing...that is right, no pushing...in fact the nurse wouldn't let me talk or move...she threw my legs up in stirrups and caught that baby just in time...my dr was walking in as ceciles feet were coming out!...and i went from like 5 cm to delivered in like 45 minutes...you never know what will happen...just be thankful if you don't have to catch him yourself!...we are still praying for you
i hope mine goes quickly... well, not THAT quickly...but andrew was 17 hrs of labor. it wasn't bad tho. however, your key word was #4! i'm hoping #2 is easier!
i won't tell you my #2 story...i had gest diab with benjamin.. he was 8 2o
& it was tough but i actually stayed both nights and loved that hospital...i could call anytime & get a hamburger fries coke and ccchip cookie-seriously even at 2 am which i did!
Shan...still around?
yep! still here!
Post a Comment