Thanks everyone for the sweet comments. We are definitely enjoy our boys!!
Blake is doing really well. I think the boy would sleep all night if I let him (I probably just jinxed myself!) My only problem is nursing...which I struggled with Andrew and gave up after 5 months. I won't get into details for the guys that read this. I met with a lactation lady at the drs office and she gave me some good tips that seem like they will work. We'll see!
Andrew is a little jealous. I think each day it gets a little easier for him tho. He doesn't like it when I'm hold Blake or am feeding him and could care less if Daddy is hold him. So I'm trying to spend extra time with him and make him feel included. It's funny tho because when he gets up from his nap he'll run to our room looking for Blake saying..."beebee"..."where'd he go?" He
doesn't like that Blake has a passy and is constantly trying to steal it. He'll eventually learn.
My parents are coming in today to help for the week. Matt goes back to work tomorrow and I'm sure he will think he's on vacation at work! I've been running the boy ragged! :) So there's your update! Once I get some pics on my laptop I'll post some from the hospital and all.
Blake is doing really well. I think the boy would sleep all night if I let him (I probably just jinxed myself!) My only problem is nursing...which I struggled with Andrew and gave up after 5 months. I won't get into details for the guys that read this. I met with a lactation lady at the drs office and she gave me some good tips that seem like they will work. We'll see!
Andrew is a little jealous. I think each day it gets a little easier for him tho. He doesn't like it when I'm hold Blake or am feeding him and could care less if Daddy is hold him. So I'm trying to spend extra time with him and make him feel included. It's funny tho because when he gets up from his nap he'll run to our room looking for Blake saying..."beebee"..."where'd he go?" He
My parents are coming in today to help for the week. Matt goes back to work tomorrow and I'm sure he will think he's on vacation at work! I've been running the boy ragged! :) So there's your update! Once I get some pics on my laptop I'll post some from the hospital and all.
9 comments:
we are thrilled for y'all...praise the Lord for His great gifts...i will pray for all the adjusting in the days to come as you seek to serve Him as a now family of four!...btw, hate to say it but Gracie (4.5) still steals passies any chace she gets!
can't say it better than rachel's comment! :)
i do hope nursing gets a little better. for me the first three weeks were always the hardest.
Thanks for the update. Post pics when you can.
i love andrew - give him lots of sugar from aunt jill. and of course, share a little with blake on those fat cheeks :) have fun with your parents
He is so precious, Shandra! What a perfect early Mother's Day gift he was. I teared up a little when I read about Andrew being a little jealous. I think that will be the hardest part about having 2 so close, but what a blessing brothers will be. I can't wait to read more about Blake and see his pictures as he grows. Enjoy your boys!
Hannah's not liking the idea of a new baby either and she's 7. She told us, "I've seen on TV, when moms and dads have a baby, the other kids get left out". I'm hoping that will all change when the baby's here though but she's so anti-girly that I'm not sure how she's going to react. Anyway, Congratulations on your little bundle of joy!! He's precious!
my nephew, will, is getting better with having a new addition to the family. my sister said that explaining to him that the baby was eating helped will not to care as much. i think before he thought she was just holding him all the time which made him jealous. (especially since she couldn't pick will up right after the baby was born.) oh and yeah, will was only using the pacifier at night till he saw ben using it all day!
Jackson was 3.5 years when we had Sasha. I used to take naps with him everyday during the last stint of my pregnancy (because he didn't want to and I so needed them). It came to be sorta this routine where we climbed into our bed and slept 2 hours in the afternoon. I looked forward to this time--we cuddled and that was when he first told me he loved me. Then Sasha came along and that was out the window. I remember the first afternoon I was home. We were standing in the laundry room, actually I was kneeling and weeping with him that we couldn't have our 'special' sleep time anymore. I felt like a horrible mom and my horomones were really raging (the baby blues) for 2-3 weeks after my pregnancies. Everyone needs to transition to becoming a family of four and Andrew will LOVE LOVE his baby brother! Sasha gets angry if I even hold a baby--maybe it just a toddler thing? It's hard when they have mommy all to themselves and then they have to share. At least Andrew is still taking naps!! And good luck with the nursing. It never came easy for me (especially with Jackson) and my sister in law had a TERRIBLE time with nipple confusion at the beginning but it worked out for the both of us...eventually. :)
It definitely will only get better. Those brothers will really learn to appreciate having one another around. Look forward to seeing pics. Tell your mom & dad I said Hi!
Post a Comment