Monday, May 28, 2007

first bath

Blake had his first bath today!! I hated giving him a sponge bath and with him spitting up the boy would need it daily. I like to be able to just dunk him in water and not worry about his bellybutton...well, not really dunk but you know what I mean. He actually enjoyed it. I was surprised because the first sponge bath we did he cried.


I know this picture is blurry but his expression was too funny. He looks a little worried.

Blake's been doing a little better on his meds. Well, some days he barely spits up and other he's very spitty. He's not fussy when he does it though so that's good. He's doing really well at night. He's been going two 4 hr stretches!! I've also been able to get a nap when the boys go down after lunch. I was so worried I'd never be able to nap again...but so far I've been able to!!

Andrew has actually been touching Blake a little more...just on his head. He's very gentle with him. I'm sure all that will change soon enough!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures...i think he favors matt in the worried picture...enjoy those naps (squeeze one in for me too)..

Shandra said...

yeah, he looks like his daddy.

i guess there is no napping w/ 4 kiddos. huh?

Anonymous said...

Gentle touching for now... but wait until the first time Blake grabs one of those bath tub crayon things from Andrew. Big A will assert his dominance and smack little B. I think Stone has already smacked Stahley once or twice.

Elizabeth said...

Precious pictures. Clara was a spitter also. I thought she would never grow out of it but one day she did.

Anonymous said...

so sweet!

Jessica said...

Sweet! I miss that newborn stage!

Lauren said...

What a cutie! Congratulations, Shandra and Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lin said...

he does look like matt. one great thing a/b having the boys close in age is you get to nap...gotta love that! :)

Anonymous said...

i forgot cecile's birthday today at the drs office...i haven't slept in more days than i can rememebr but then i wouldn't change a thing...well maybe just a couple of things...like taking naps!...hehehe

Anonymous said...

i took your address off the website jic...do you know where wimbeldon champions is? what is it like...

Anonymous said...

rachel...i don't know where wc is. i'll have to ask around tho. that is when i get out and start seeing my friends again. :)

Michelle said...

did you get out to target today!? :)

Shandra said...

YES!! :) it wasn't too bad either. go me!!

Anonymous said...

go you...it gets harder, then easier, then hard again...you'll be a pro before you know it...if you don'y have one yet, those kid harnesses are great and they get used them pretty quickly (like for the times when you can't put them both in a cart)...glad to hear you are doing so well

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to meet that little guy. did you hear our husbands' stupid nicknames for the 3 of them??

Jessica said...

I remember going to Target with Sasha in the front pack and pushing Jackson in the cart. Really felt like a MOM then! :)

Anonymous said...

ummm i think we're buying y'all's tv. at least that's what i've heard. AND - josh does have 3 more sisters-in-law on my side. but you're probably his favorite. lol

Shandra said...

OH DUH!! i'm such a dork!! :)