Yesterday Matt and I decided we would take advantage of him being off a lot this week and do some painting. When we built this house they would only paint all the walls one color. Since we've moved in we've only painted the computer room and Andrew's room. Did I just say we?...I meant Matt. I just don't really care to paint. It's too much work. :) I know, I'm a brat.
So, we started with Andrew's bathroom. It's not too big so I figured my ADD self could help. It didn't take us long and has made a world of difference!
So, we started with Andrew's bathroom. It's not too big so I figured my ADD self could help. It didn't take us long and has made a world of difference!
It looks a wee bit lighter in this picture.
What was Andrew doing while we painted you ask? Well, he was taking a nap but woke up when we were waiting for it to dry. He entertained himself with the mirror for a while...
Who is that handsome boy?
Then he tried to play in the bathroom. He was DENIED by me!! Here's what he thought of that...
What a mean mommy I have!
He finally gave up on the fight and went to see if Dr. Phil could give him some advice...
I think Dr. Phil is brainwashing my child!

He decided Dr. Phil wasn't for him and played in his tent.
Today will be filled with going to the pool and relaxing. We have plenty of other rooms to paint but no funding yet. Plus it's SO hot! Another project probably won't happen until the fall.
17 comments:
looks great! painting is hard work. my intention is to help, but i'm eventually kicked out of the room for getting paint on the trim...
if i sat emily in front of dr. phil when she was around 8-10 months old she would laugh like a fool. i think she thought he was a giant teletubby!
We've almost been in our house 6 years and have only painted the girls rooms and their bathroom and the half bath! I don't think we will be painting anything else either. Maybe the guest room..maybe.
How does Andrew like his new bathroom??
too cute- can i hire matt to come paint our house? i'll buy him a sno cone!
michelle...that's funny...dr. phil a teletubby. luckily andrew has no idea who they are.
deborah...we just want to do our bedroom, front room, and living room. those rooms are bigger than the bathroom so i probably won't be much help!!
kristi...i'm sure matt would do it for a sno cone. heck, just give me the sno cone and i'll send him up to you.
deborah...i meant to tell you that andrew will go in there and pat on the wall. can't really tell if he knows a difference or not.
man, i wish josh would do the painting. it's mostly me. i trim out everything b/c i HATE paint tape, and he'll roll for a little bit. but it's mostly me. apparently, he didn't get the same gene as matt did. and your captions were hilarious. he's such a cutie!!
Shan...it looks good. Jason and I have debated on painting, but we always talk ourselves out of it. Better resell value if it's neutral, right??? That is what we always say! HA!!!! Tell Matt to come to our house and paint! I'll buy him TWO sno cones! HA!! Andrew looks precious...as always! :)
Shandra, I don't do much painting either. We have painted almost every room in our house, but Justin does most of the work. I think Jessica has done more work in our house than I have. Actually, I know she has.
Also, Sawyer has the same dragonfly and beetle stuff in his bathroom. We have everything, but the shower curtain. I think we must have the same taste because I swear every time I look at your Blog Andrew has something the same as Sawyer's. I even almost bought the train bedding for his nursery. I debated for a while between trains and boats, but we went with the boats.
Meredith that is too funny! I guess great minds think alike!! :) I'm sure it has nothing to do w/ the fact that you can find a TON of stuff for girls and not so much for boys!
Darling bathroom! I am the queen of "let's paint this!". And how about those teeth!! Andrew's grin is adorable! Love ya'll
How Cute!! Getting him hooked on daytime talk shows already, huh!! He he!
Cute! I love the frogs! Don't worry about not painting, I don't paint either. Derek does it all. I am just the supervisor! haha! Actually Derek has nicknamed me 'The Boss'. Oh well, I actually like my title! ;-)
You are right about there not being a lot of boy stuff out there. Jessica and I think we should design baby boy clothes and bedding. Thanks for the Kelly's Kids tip. We had no idea about the Dallas store. We will check it out for sure.
Sawyer, and I will be Seabrook visiting my aunt this weekend. I wondered if that was near where you lived, but Jessica informed me it wasn't. I am not too familiar with the Houston area. Justin will be in another part of Houston running sound for a D-now.
hey landrum family, You are too funny Shandra. I love reading your blogs. I completely understand about the paint thing. When we built our house, we could only pick 3 colors...one of the colors being our trim/ceiling but for an extra $100 we could pick another color. The $100's add up here and there when you build. We will be going through the same thing when we start having children. I am the messy painter in the family. I get it in my hair/clothes and am the one who accidently steps on the paint lid and forgets that it is all over my shoes!! No joke!! By the way, Andrew is precious and of course I remember y'all!
Jennifer! Yeah, I think we will do two colors up front. Not sure when tho! So glad you are visiting the blogging world!! :) You need to start one so we can see some pictures of precious Benjamin!
Meredith...yeah, Seabrook is a good hour away! That's too bad because I know Andrew would loved to meet Sawyer...or touch him! :) Have a safe trip!
Post a Comment