Tuesday, July 11, 2006

making the switch

So we have been given the okay for Andrew to make the switch from formula to whole milk. Does anyone have any advice for me? He's not really sure what to think about the whole milk. He probably drank a total of 3 oz for the day and is supposed to get 20. So what worked for you? Did you just stop the formula and only offer whole milk or do 1/2 and 1/2??? Advice please!! If you are just passing through feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let poor little Andrew drink from the jug. Pour the milk in a sippy cup or bottle....if that doesn't work, try Kool-Aid.

Anonymous said...

how about adding a little nestle's quik to it?? that'd make me drink it!! lol obviously me and anonymous do not have children yet.

Shandra said...

jill, sad thing is...anonymous is my bro-in-law. you would think it was broughton. i have heard of adding chocolate or strawberry mix to it, but i really don't want to do that yet.

Deborah said...

warm it up.

Megan said...

jolie was all about strawberry milk in the beginning. i didn't use very much & eventually quit putting it in her milk. she loves to drink her milk now. do what you've gotta do.

Anonymous said...

Add some Jack Daniels and not only will he drink it up, he'll sleep well too.

Sarah said...

I never could get Anna to drink milk. We went straight from formula to juice and water only! LOL! She just does not like the taste (I don't really blame her!) She will only drink milk if it is in cereal. Anyway, I have to her doctor about it, and she said that as long as she is eating enough dairy she will be fine without milk. My doctor said that many kids actually get too much milk. Anyway, Anna is 4 now and very healthly. She gets her calcium from cheese and yogurt that she eats everyday! Sorry for the book!

Michelle said...

the only way we could get emily to wean was to put a little strawberry quick to it. after she got used to it we weaned her from it and now all she'll drink is milk. the ONLY way ethan would drink milk was warmed up.

Shandra said...

I've tried warming up the morning milk and today he probably drank 3 oz of it. I do give him yogurt and cheese so I know that he's getting his milk from other things...and I add it in his cereal. I hate milk so I don't blame him. I guess I'll try a week of what we are doing and if that doesn't work I'll add something to the milk.

Thanks all!!...except you broughton!!!!

Anonymous said...

On a serious note, make sure you are giving him real cheese. If you are giving him individually wrapped slices, it's probably what they call "cheese food." Check the label. Cheese is cheese and usually not individually wrapped, because you can pull it apart because it's not so fragile like cheese food. Cheese is mainly made from milk, while cheese food is mainly made from oil. He won't get near the calcium, etc. from the fake stuff.

Anonymous said...

ok i don't feel so bad about telling u to use some Nestle since i saw others WITH kids suggesting it, at least at first!! lol and love me some strawberry milk. re: cheese, the kroger brand "cow pals" are real cheddar and small chunks. i love em

Anonymous said...

It's getting to be time for a new posting.