Tuesday, January 03, 2006

post office

The one place in the WORLD that I HATE to go (besides the dentist) is the POST OFFICE! That place gets on my LAST nerve! I had to pick up a package for Matt today and figured since I would be running around it would be no problem to stop by there. Well, I should have known when I couldn't find a parking spot that it was going to be ugly! After circling the parking lot I finally found one. I get Andrew out of his car seat and head in....with nothing but Andrew, my purse, and the slip for the package. I open the door and the line is all the way around the corner. After 15 minutes of standing in line holding Andrew...I was getting annoyed. Matt is buzzing my cell...it's hot and then Andrew spits up. I'm like....great! ....I have no diaper bag. So being a great mom...I just pull his socks off and use them to clean the mess...nice! So finally when I make it out of the lobby area and actually into the office area I realize there are only 2 counters OPEN! So why the heck did they have 8 when they only open 2?! I felt like I was at WalMart!! A guy comes and opens another counter, but when I get to the front of the line he leaves! I wanted to SCREAM! So 45 minutes later I got my package and left! No more will I EVER go back to that place!!! Andrew agrees!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't that take you back to teaching the little ones??? snot, spit up, tears, failed TAKS test....at least the bodily fluids were from your own child! :) tell matt you need a nanny! HA!

Shandra said...

a nanny! that's a great idea!! i'm sure he would buy that!

Megan said...

Jolie actually spit up on the counter at the Post Office during her first few months of life. The lady at the counter went & found a napkin for me b/c like you I didn't have my diaper bag on me. I managed a UPS STORE in Lake Charles for a while & discovered that you should only use the Post Office if absolutely necessary. UPS is much more dependable.

Anonymous said...

tell matt if you get a nanny, he could go hunting more! HA!!! tell him i have high hopes to be the nanny! i only want $40,000 a year with benefits! :)

Shandra said...

Megan...I agree...UPS all the way!

Carrie...40k? Are you really worth that much?

Anonymous said...

I'm worth a million, remember?! :)

Shandra said...

carrie...i won't have my laptop tomorrow b/c matt is taking it!! what am i going to do? i won't be able to check on blogs!!!
ps..accidental death is a mill right?

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt to buy another one! I will have kids tomorrow, so I won't be able to write. Bummer! Then at 5:30pm is a basketball game, then the big bowl game. So since I can't write tomorrow, Matt picked a good day! :) I am off to bed so I can be prepared for my little devils...I mean students tomorrow. God, please let me get through the day without thinking of death threats to dear little Joshua. I know his only goal in life is to be a pimp and a playa', but dear Lord, PLEASE!!! Let him be sick tomorrow...just one more day of freedom. Amen.

Shandra, pray that prayer...PLEASE! :)

Shandra said...

LOL! Isn't that bad when you pray that a kid is sick and can't go to school? I never figured out how the "bad" kids never got sick. I always said I was going to keep lice in my drawer and put it in their hair so they would get sent home!! I think I'm the one who needs prayer!! :)
Good luck tomorrow!! Oh the dreaded days!! Obviously there is a reason I am no longer teaching.

Deborah said...

I never go to the Post Office anymore since I realized that I can buy stamps at HEB.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shandra...you crack me up. Never thought about the lice trick...good one!

Jessica said...

i can tell shandra didn't have computer access today...all the blogs are quiet. it's almost...refreshing. almost.

Shandra said...

Bufkin!!!...your butt better not be coming to Houston or you and I are going throw down!!!

Shandra said...

...and actually I had access, it was just in the computer room and I don't like computing in the back of the house! :P

Jessica said...

oh, friend...i'm coming to houston. are we still coming? if so, i need a place to stay... (translation: can you hook a sister up?)

Shandra said...

as far as i know y'all are still coming. you are more than welcome to stay here!