Saturday, January 28, 2006

we made it!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we did make it to TN!! Our flight was delayed by an hour and a half, but luckily that did bother Andrew one bit. I was so worried he wouldn't get a nap in and would be a total bear on the plane...but I ended up pushing him around in his stroller while we waited and he was out! He did fine on the plane and everyone was so friendly saying how we was so good. Hopefully he will do great on the way home. It was a direct flight so that was nice.

We are missing daddy...and I know he's missing us. Andrew's been a little fussy some. I think it's from lack of sleep when we first got here. Matt says it's because he misses his daddy. His nose has been runny so I am hoping that he's not getting sick.

My only pain with flying was when I went through security Andrew was in his stroller/car seat and when it was my turn to go through the metal detector the rude lady said...you need to break all that down! I was like....well, I must not have seen the SIGN!!! I mean does she think that I will just know what the crap I'm supposed to do? So I got Andrew out of his car seat and the man behind me held him so I could break it all down and send it through the dumb machine. I was surprised it even fit. Now this man I handed my child to...he had been talking to me some so it was like a complete stranger....well, sort of. So I was a little annoyed about that whole having to break the stroller down and all. I just figured it would just go through the medal dector too. Well, see how it goes when we go home. I'll probably break it down and then will tell me it's supposed to go through the metal detector or something....oh well!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

It's so good to hear from you, Shan. The blogging world just isn't the same without new blogs from you everyday. I'm glad you're enjoying your trip. I hope little Andrew doesn't get sick. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Flying with children is the pits. I agree, flying with one isn't easy, especially when you're by yourself. Or if you have an experience like Amy did. But flying with two is just downright ridiculous--even with two parents along. Consider that before you think of #2!

I'm enjoying your blog, and lurker was a real classic. If there were blog awards, which there may be, I would vote for it for sure.

In honor of all the lurkers out there, I'm raising a challenge--can we find all the blogging BSUers? I need your help!

Michelle said...

we had a similar issue with the stroller when we all flew to california this past summer. while dan and i were breaking it down, ethan wandered off and got in this total strangers lap...when we realized he was gone he'd already made best friends with the guy!! there should be an employee who watches kids when parents have to do stupid things in the security line!

Shandra said...

Heather, if you go to Mrs. Elly's blog...her link is on mine...you will find all the BSU bloggers!!

Anonymous said...

Shanrda...enjoyed the phone conversation and can actually "see it" now!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy said...

michelle, that's kinda scary that he wondered off and made a new friend so quickly...thankfully the stranger wasn't michael jackson and he didn't end up at neverland...

Anonymous said...

i totally agree Michelle! they should have someone to help us!!

elly said...

I totally hate security - once when we were on a trip I was on crutches and they made me go through without the crutches - even though I was not supposed to walk on my foot!!!!! Would not let me even take one crutch. We almost had a knockdown that day! But I did indeed hop through security!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Shandra! Mrs. Elly's list has gotten a lot longer since last time I checked. I'm so glad to know she's keeping a running list--it's been wonderful to hear how so many people are doing in their adult lives. I have been very uplifted by the sweet stories and comments people share.