Friday, January 20, 2006

lurker

I totally admit that I am a blog lurker/stalker...whatever you want to call it. I can't believe how many old Tech people have blogs! I would comment on some of them, but don't want to make a fool out of myself when they don't remember me. :) It's really neat to see everyone and hear what's been going on in their lives tho!! So, come on, admit it....are you a lurker too???

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shandra...anyone I would want to look at? Next week is testing week, so I will be BORED Tues, Wed and Thurs. We are giving last year's TAKS test, so I will need something to do. I could do that without making a lot of noise by typing! :)

Michelle said...

i'm a lurker. totally.

ashley said...

me, too!

Shandra said...

since i have posted this 15 people have looked, but not commented.... there are other lurkers who won't admit it!! :)

Mandy said...

So should we be more careful in what we say and who we talk bad about on our blogs? ha ha! I'm safe since I never talk about anyone! I'm always sweet. My nickname on my volleyball team is SweetPea. But you're not surprised, right? :)

Shandra said...

mandy...you're getting a big head!!

Jessica said...

i don't like the term "lurker." i prefer to call it "eavesdropping."
it's my spiritual gift, of course.

Shandra said...

jessica...i don't like being called a babbler...or whatever you said on amy's blog!!!!!!!!!! UGH!
and you are a lurker!!!

Kim said...

I'm totally a lurker! it's so addicting ... thanks shandra! i still comment even though i'm sure people don't remember/recognize me and are like "who is this girl!?". I was so quiet in college but boy, have times changed!

Stacy said...

ok i guess i'm a lurker but i never thought about others who never commented lurking onto my blog. that counter at the bottom goes up a lot faster these days. perhaps i shouldn't be so open and honest on there since i don't know who is lurking...

Sarah said...

Shandra,
I have been reading your blog and wanted to comment before but haven't in fear that you will have no idea who I am. This post however makes me feel obligated to say hi! I've been wanting to tell you that your son is beautiful! It seems so funny to think of Matt as a dad, but I'm sure he is a great one. Anyway, glad to hear things are going so well for the three of you. And yes...I am a lurker!!
Sarah (Harris) Moss

Shandra said...

I went and commented on Sarah's blog and it was funny b/c I had lurked onto her blog before, but didn't realize it was her. Funny stuff!

Jessica said...

is anyone laughing about one of these as much as i am? and, no, it's not the comment where shandra's trying to start a war with me. i will not be dragged into battle unwillingly, shandra!

p.s. you are not a babbler!!! amy's mean, and i was kidding.

Shandra said...

jessica...you are so bad!! i know you were just kidding! i just like starting a battle!!

Deborah said...

I'm a lurker. I agree with Jessica, I perfer eavesdropper!

elly said...

Lurker, Stalker, I had to REFLECT on this (in honor of Todd)! I think I am going to say I am becomming an OCD BROWSER - and darn proud of it! If you look at my blog I am adding all the links to people we know - I started out only putting people who commented on mine, but then was getting so excited at just how many "old friends" I was finding I had to start including everyone - even if they don't remember ME or care to grace me with a comment. I still love them! And now I have found Josh Roberts living 20 minutes from me and had an offer for a younger lover - (2 different people) - I may explain the latter in a future blog. Now I'm blabbering!

Shandra said...

yeah, but Mrs. Elly...I didn't make your list yet. :(

elly said...

So sorry - you were on there, you just weren't "on there" - lacking that darn little > on a few people. I think I have everyone fixed now :) BTW how can you tell how many times your site has been looked at?

Shandra said...

Thanks Mrs. Elly!!
Do you see my counter? Below that it says Web Site Counter... click on that and it will give you your own. Then go to your template and add it. Make sense? You can really add it wherever you want.

Unknown said...

Okay Shandra, I never called you a "babbler"!!!! I called Jessica a babbler, I am not mean, just oh so funny!

Shandra said...

NO AMY!! I was giving Jessica a hard time for calling me a babble. Not you!! :) It's all good. I just like picking on Jess.

Anonymous said...

such weirdness...you have lurkers that didn't even go to college with us. it disturbs me...be it ever so slightly. so slightly that i'm not sure i want to even sign my name.

Shandra said...

anonymous...i guess i really never thought about people reading my site that don't know me. i mean my life really isn't that interesting!! i will say i loving knowing who stops by...even if i don't know them!!

elly said...

It is definately freaky who you can have "contact" with - in my effort to say "hi" to commonground band some crazy dude from here in NC saw my picture and said he liked what he saw and said he lived so many miles from Durham and was I into "younger lovers" - of course he included a pic of him (with his arm around his woman, of course) FREAKY!!!

Shandra said...

Oh my gosh!! What a FREAK Mrs. Elly!! I saw the info you put on Josh's site (I'm such a lurker)..you might want to delete that. You never know who sees this stuff!

Anonymous said...

you seriously need to update your blog, runner-up

Shandra said...

JILL!! I KNOW THAT WAS YOU>>> ANONYMOUS!! :P

a likens said...

Shandra... How could I forget you? It has been too long. Lurking is not a bad way to get caught up... If people are going to put it out there... then we can all talk a peek, eh?