A week ago we moved Blake into his BIG BOY BED!! I couldn't believe it was that time already. We had the toddler bed/crib my sister let us borrow for Andrew, but we (okay I) thought Blake could just go straight to a big bed.
A little nervous about getting on his bed...but proud to show it off!
The first night he did great...no problem going down. The second night?...not so much! He cried and fussed and I was beginning to think we'd (okay, I) had made a mistake. I went in there and pulled a Super Nanny on him. I sat on his floor by his door and he was asleep in 15 mins. The whole time I was worried I was going to have to sit in there for weeks before he'd go to bed on his own. I was beginning to wonder what I had just started. The third night he said he wanted his Nemo. It was an aquarium that was attached to his crib. We couldn't attach it to his bed, but we figured out a way to put it on his bookshelf. It comes with a remote and this thing has saved me!! That third night and on...he's gone down like a pro. I guess it was a security for him.
After nap...he asked me to take this pic of him.
In the mornings he does great. EVERY time we put him to bed he says, "stay in bed until Mommy comes to get you!!" Like it's a game. When I go in there to get him he's so proud of himself!! I'm proud of him too. I really thought he would try to come out of his room, but he hasn't. Hope this don't change this week. I'm probably jinxing myself!!
It's a new toy for the boys to play on!
My big boy!!
4 comments:
yea for big boy!! i knew he'd do great! much easier than putting him in a crib for sure. cute bedding!
precious! i'm hoping sarah lasts at least 6 more months in her crib :)
Where did you find the railing on the bed? We are needing to put Jay in a big bed (I'm too short and he's too big to bend over the babybed without waking him up). I have been thinking we need one of those security bars or whatever they are called. I just haven't found one. :(
awww! I think Daisy and Jacob were in their big kid or toddler beds at less than 2 1/2. I tried to keep them as long as I could in the crib...But they did great too! Now Jacob sleeps in a queen...it swallows him up but he does great! Daisy sleeps in a little princess bed till we get her a twin bed, but she sleeps good in any bed we put her in! Makes you so proud yet so sad at the same time! They are growing too fast!
Post a Comment