Monday, February 16, 2009

mother knows best!!!

I know I've said this before, but I don't think Blake has been feeling well since Christmas. I think he's had an ear infection or fluid in his ear that he just can't get rid of. How do I know this?...

Yep, occasionally I'd catch him walking around doing this little move...like his ear was bugging him. He would also bat at his ear and has been constantly been waking up at 6 or 6:30 AM (which is my time) and it's driving me crazy! He hasn't had a fever and hasn't been fussy. Can I really call a Dr and say....I think my child has an ear infection because he's waking up early and batting at his ear? Well, probably, but that wasn't convincing enough for my husband. Last Thursday he started with a runny nose and started running a fever Friday night. So, we've made it through the weekend and will be going to the Dr today at 2:30 for him to tell me that I was right...Blake has an ear infection!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i'd be hacked. i hope they do something long-term for him. that's got to so annoying!! keep us posted

meredith said...

I hope Blake fells better soon. Jax had an ear infection, too. He also started feeling bad on Thursday and I took him in yesterday.
Poor guys!

Michelle said...

i know it's drastic, but tubes totally changed our lives when emily was blakes age. she had 7 in a row. it was terrible for her! tubes fixed it. :)

i know this is a late comment and he's not sick anymore. :)

Shandra said...

well, he's STILL sick w/ dirty diapers. ugh!