Monday, October 16, 2006

rain, rain, go away!!

Man, it's done nothing but rain here for the past two days. We have needed some rain but not this flooding!! It did entertain Andrew for a while tho...

What's going on out there?

He decided that he would try to climb up the door. Who knows what that boy was thinking!!

We did get out in the rain today as Andrew had to go to the doctor. It was a 15 month well visit. Poor guy, I think he thought he was there to play. He was so excited and kept wanting to play with all the other sick kids. I just wanted our name called!! He had no idea what was about to happen behind those closed doors...shots!!! I had to prepare myself for this visit because last time I nearly cried with him! I hate how I have to hold his arms down! Why do I have to be the bad guy too?? So the doctor comes in and plays with Andrew and such... before he leaves he says Andrew will be getting 3 shots today. I said okay. He leaves and then the nurse came back. She makes the comment that he's getting 2 shots. I told her the doctor said it was 3. She proceeds to tell me they combined some and it will just be 2. I was happy with that! She gives the shots while I hold him down and Andrew SCREAMS! I immediately pick him up when it's over and try to calm him down. She leaves and I pack our stuff up and she comes back in saying..."I'm sorry Mrs. Landrum, you were right, it's supposed to be 3 shots." I couldn't believe! No way am I putting my child back down on that table because he might go into convulsions! He already had started to cry when she came back in...like he knew!!! She let me hold him for the last shot and he of course didn't like it one bit!! Poor guy! I sure hope there are no side effects from these shots. Guess we'll find out in the next couple of days. I have to take him back next week for a flu shot...maybe I'll send him with his daddy!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. poor baby. i do NOT look forward to that- especially when they're old enough to wonder why mommy is letting them do that! i'd definitely send matt for the next one- they NEVER get to be the bad guy!

Megan said...

it's rained here ALL day too! jolie does much better when we get out of the house (at least the backyard) once a day! i was excited b/c i thought she'd take a long nap, but instead NO nap at all. bummer!

Deborah said...

So that wasn't your car we saw on the news floating down the street! How come we can't get rain like this when it is 100 degrees and our grass really needs it??

Poor Andrew!

Kim said...

poor andrew! his mommy should have used some of her child life schooling! JUST KIDDING! ;) sorry to hear that it didn't go so well. hopefully the flu shot will be better.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that Kim...that child life stuff should have kicked in! :) HA! Poor Andrew!

Anonymous said...

don't be DISSIN me heffa. i know all and see all

Michelle said...

i always hate the look of betrayal they always give. it's like, how could you let her do that?? elliot had his shots friday. i left the room and made dan deal with it! :)

poor andrew. i hope he does not have any nasty side affects. totally have matt take him for his flu shot!!

knelson said...

Why are ya'll getting all of these shots? Are they required?

Anonymous said...

Andrew needs to get a little tougher. I got a flu shot yesterday and I didn't cry.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

We are delaying Sasha's vaccines until she is two but I sure remember holding Jackson down! I was always white as a ghost!

How are ya'll doing in the rain?

Shandra said...

Mrs. Kathy...the shots are the vaccinations for chicken pox, hepatitis, and all those illnesses. Some people don't do the shots at all, but I think when they get in school it's required for them to have had them.

Jessica...we are doing fine. Luckily we didn't have any flooding, but Houston got hit pretty hard.

Broughton...we all can't be as cool as you!

Anonymous said...

I have never gotten a flu shot, and I think this is the reason I have never gotten the flu.

I am awesome like Beef.