Friday, October 20, 2006

I've been keeping a secret!!

It's been a hard secret to keep, but I've had my reasons why we needed to keep it a secret....I'll share that in a bit. Now it's time I can share...with the help of Andrew...

Okay, so really the shirt should read, "I'm going to be a big brother." I couldn't find one at the time. I figured it would get the point accross!

Matt and I had decided that this time if/when we get pregnant we would tell family in person. It's more fun that way. We've told my side of the family (over the past month) and haven't seen Matt's family to tell them yet. However, they will be here today!!! We didn't think we would see family until Christmas (which would have been SO hard for me to keep it a secret that long) but it has worked out for us to see/meet up with them before then. I haven't been able to share on here because my sister-in-law reads my blog...didn't want to spill the beans.

Anyway, I'm 10 1/2 weeks and my due date is May 15th. I'm feeling great these days. However, in the beginning I was pretty nauseous. Food didn't sound good at all. Thankfully when I hit 10 weeks all that went out the window!! Just had to share my news FINALLY!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

that's great!! andrew will be a great big brother! take care of yourself and rest when you can!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask when the due date was....that's a day before my b-day! HOW FUN! :)

Jessica said...

Hi Shandra!

I don't actually know you all that well, just by association (and of course through your blog). But had to tell you Congratulations and Best Wishes for your pregnancy! I'm sure Andrew will love (even if eventually) his new brother or sister! Jackson sure loves Sasha and boy, was I worried! Glad to hear your sick part is over!

Jessica

meredith said...

Congratulations. Carrie and I have the same birthday. I am glad you are feeling good. That is a cute picture of Andrew.

Shandra said...

thanks y'all!!

Beth Ann said...

Congratulations Shandra and Matt! By the way, since I haven't commented before let me just say Andrew is adorable! Now you will have 2 of the cutest boys ever (after my nephews that is!)

sally said...

Yay! Y'all are going to have so much fun...

elly said...

So happy for you guys - congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

That means this one has to be a girl, and then we can hook em' all up! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

ashley said...

i'm SO excited for you guys. just one word of caution - having one child is controllable...having two is totally out of control. just thought i'd let you know in advance:)

Anonymous said...

well u suck for pulling one over on me, but i'm still pumped!! now it's time for a move north :)

Anonymous said...

move north? HA!!! not likely! :)Shan...stay where your roots are. That way this summer I can come stay with you and take care of the baby while you and Andrew go play. Then Andrew and I can go play while you take a nap with baby! :)

Pray for me tomorrow...observation time. Lovely! :) Is it bad that it's October and I am ready for June?!!!

Meredith for the Davises said...

Congratulations, Shandra! So exciting...I have to agree with what Ashley said, having two is out of control, but somehow out of control just becomes your normal and prepares you for #3 or 4 (if you decide to go there that is!!), I suppose. Good job to you and Matt on nabbing a May due date--I think that's a perfect time to have a baby!

ps--my sling is a hotsling and can be ordered online or check at some of your local baby boutique-ish shops (or ebay for a deal :)

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Ok, so I'm a little behind! I'm so excited for all of you! At least they won't be 13 months apart like me and my brother. My mom said it was like raising twins! I think 2 years is perfect distance apart. That's what we hope to do-but no, no plans of that just yet!