At the end of May we headed down to Mobile, AL to go on a cruise with my family. This was a gift my parents gave to us last Christmas. We all were anxious for the big day!!!
It was a 5 night cruise with two stops. We went to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. I was worried someone would get seasick, but thankfully that never happened.
The boat on the right is the one we were on....Carnival Elation.
One of the pool areas.
The cruise had a camp for kids 2 and up that was free. They had all sorts of activities and the boys enjoyed it. I thought with their cousins there they wouldn't want to go, but they didn't mind. They really only went in the mornings for 2 hours. They made t-shirts, crafts, played video games on free play day (the boys loved this) and even watched a movie.
Claire was too young to go every day with them. On days of excursions she was allowed to go at the same time, but we would have had to pay for her and on days at sea she could go before 10. She went a couple of times. She was a little nervous at first, but did fine. 

There was a lot to do on the ship and a lot of stuff going on in the evenings, but I usually called it a night early with Claire. My parent's had a room right next door so a few nights I'd sit in there and watch tv while she went to sleep. I had a video monitor so I felt okay leaving her. 

We tried hard to get a decent family picture, but it wasn't easy!!!
Here's a picture of my lovely parent!
Our first stop was Cozumel. Matt and I didn't get off the boat right away when we docked like EVERYONE else did. It was kind of nice. I felt like we had the whole boat to ourselves. Since that day we were docked all the kids could go to the camp at the same time. We sent them all and relaxed by the pool!! That afternoon Matt and I left the kids with my family and went to check out the shops.
Our next stop was Playa del Carmen. This day we went out on an excursion with the boys while my parents and sister kept Claire. I have lots of pics from this day, but don't feel like uploading them. Anyway, we went to a fun beach area with my sister and her family.
The boys had fun in and out of the water...

and playing with Daddy.

I will say the best part of the trip....aside from the help from family and the BEAUTIFUL water...I definitely enjoyed not having to cook or clean for the week!!
We had a great time and enjoyed being with family. Hopefully it won't be too long before we go on another one!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment