Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hurricane ike...

I thought I'd post some pics of life "for us" after Ike.
Here's a pic of the generator. Everyone kept asking me if it was big. I think so, but I have no idea. So, here ya go.

Matt, Andrew and I slept in the living room. Andrew LOVED sleeping with us. It was hard that first night when the power came on because he was used to us going to bed and being in the room with him. Here's how Blake slept... We ran the generator all night and when the boys napped. Other than that...it was HOT! In the afternoons we'd go outside.
The boys played with the hose, fishing poles and bubbles. I thought this pic was funny. I look gross so just look at the boys.
So, that's about it. I was only here for 4 of the 13 days and that was enough for me. I don't know how Matt did it the whole time. It has really changed our perspective on things.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am glad you have your shirt on in the last picture! You are really outnumbered.

Anonymous said...

haha that's a funny comment. and yes, a funny pic! andrew is so tan. and blake's hair is really coming in!! what a cutie!

Shandra said...

liz, you're funny!! :)

jill, yeah, blake's hair is like andrew's and gets all curly when he's hot. i'm not cutting his "mullet" either!!!

Anonymous said...

lol...i had to cut jack's mullet twice now! he looks like he might have a little more than A did at that age.