Thursday, May 29, 2008

summer of swimmin'

So far our summer has started out w/ a lot of swimming. If we have nothing going on in the morning we either go to the pool or play in ours. Then after nap we're back out there again. It's just too hot to do anything else! Well, not for Andrew as he runs around kicking the ball, playing basketball and playing on the slide. Blake and I just watch for entertainment. It's kinda nice because it wears the boys out! Poor Blake tho, he can't handle it when we swim morning and night. He goes to bed a 6 PM!! It's nice but he's pretty tired and cranky because he's so tired. And thankfully he doesn't wake up any earlier...he just does that crap when we're out of town!

Speaking of Blake...he's growing like a weed! He's at such a fun age. It's crazy to think that when Andrew was his age I was ready for baby #2! I'm not so ready for baby #3 yet! Anyway, I was trying to think of new things Blake can do and I can't think...he says me for milk. He says in more as a question tho...ME? And says bye bye. That's about the extent of his talking. He's quite the babbler and whenever he has a stuffed animal he will sit and "talk" to it. It's funny. Well, that's all I can think of for now.

Andrew is becoming a big help. It's nice to have a gopher! He is SUCH a silly kid. I'm not sure where he gets it from. :) He still struggles with sharing tho. I'm using time out more hoping that will help. We'll see.

Well, I've got errands to run so I better get going!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should get a video of b talking to his stuffed animals. that sounds cute. wouldn't you love to know what he's saying?? he's probably all - bubba steals my toys!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA

Michelle said...

i hope all of y'all get to come over on the 21st!!

Shandra said...

jill, i do have a video of him talking to elmo. it's kinda long so i'd have to get matt to shorten it for me.

michelle, i'm working on the 21st. won't know what matt's schedule is until the week before tho. but sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

You forgot that he says no no! I'm looking forward to being off for the summer so I can swim.

Lin said...

missed y'all last week. maybe next time we can get together. hope blake is all better.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous your pool is already open. Ours doesn't open during the week until June 9!

Shandra said...

jennifer, if y'all have a free day next week y'all should come over!! as of right now i'm booked thursday and friday...i think. email me if you're interested.

Mandy said...

Jennifer can't come over next...she'll be coming to Dallas, where you should be traveling too also! :)

Shandra said...

lins, i know. looks like y'all had fun! let me know next time.

mandy, are you trying to make me feel guilty?? if family would quit coming in then my hubby could use his rest days to watch the boys so i could go. :) we've got family coming in july AND august! we'll see how sept looks.

Anonymous said...

tell baby andrew, baby megan says hi!!!!!!!!!!!