Sunday, May 04, 2008

the party

Well, the party has come and gone!! :( I know Blake hasn't really turned one (he will next Saturday) but his party kinda made it official. He's no longer a little baby. awww! I really can't believe it. This year has really gone fast. Anyway, as for the party I think everyone had a really nice time. Everyone just sat and watched their kiddos. And, I wasn't even stressed which is more than I can say for Andrew's first birthday. The weather was awesome and it was such a gorgeous day. We were so thankful.I have to show off Blake's invitation that a friend made. They were PRECIOUS and I got lots of comments about how cute they were. I'm sure I drove her crazy and I'd tell you who it was but I'm not sure if she does them for just anybody...so, maybe she'll leave a comment and take all the credit for them..who knows. Anyway, thank you, friend. They're adorable!!


The birthday boy!Birthday boy with Mommy. Daddy was socializing, I guess. We had 10 friends show up and 3 couldn't make it.
They all enjoyed the pizza and juice!
The kids were funny because they would all pile in the same pool. And yes, all 3 pools were still filled with air at the end of the party. The water, however, was disgusting at the end. The kids were in and out of each pool. By the end they were filled with grass and muddy water. That didn't stop them tho! One little girl even got back in the pool after she had her dry clothes on. It was funny!
Just a random shot... Group shot of some of the parents.Okay, now I have to brag on another friend! Most of you know Jennifer. Here she is with her hubby, Don....
She made the most adorable cupcakes I have EVER seen!!!! I'm serious! My birthday boy was not the hit of the party. These cupcakes were....
They were DELICIOUS! Seriously, they tasted like wedding cake!!! She was so sweet to do them for Blake and bring them all the way from Katy. THANK YOU, JENN!! And, yes, there were more cupcakes. We just had a few out until it was time to pig out!

There were cows, pigs, chicks, sheep, horses and roosters. Am I missing one? The pigs look a little lighter in the pic..
I couldn't get the candle to light because it was so windy. It was a good thing because Blake just wanted to eat the thing!!!
Blake had to smoosh the cupcake up first to see what it was...
And then he chowed down! He loved it. I loved that it didn't make a huge mess! I know it's cute to see kids make a huge mess with cake and smear it all over but I only think that when it's not my kid! :)
Here's Andrew enjoying the party.
The only family that was able to make it to the party were our cousins or as we call them our Aunt Ann and Uncle Ron!
Here's Ron opening the train. Andrew is anxiously awaiting him to get all the twisty ties off so he can steal the toy and run from Blake. Andrew still doesn't understand that the new toys are Blake's. We have a bit of sharing issues we are working on!
Well, that's it! I wasn't even pooped that evening! Matt was tho so I guess he did more work than me!

Oh and our garage sale went well. We sold a lot of stuff. Well, I'm off to get my house back in order!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish we were there! those are cute pics :) those cupcakes look GOOD

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes are ADORABLE!!! Glad your day was good!!

Kristy

My Three Angels said...

Looks like yall had a great time. Jen the cupcakes are really cute. Do you do Hannah Montana??

Karem

Carrie said...

Glad everything went well!! I need the recipe for those cupcakes! I have to make a teacher friend a cake, and she want white cake with white buttercream frosting. Think Jen would give out the recipe?!!

Shandra said...

karen...your name ends in an N ...not an M. :)

carrie...i'm not sure. maybe you should just stick with betty... betty crocker that is. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Blake! He sure is a cutie! Those cupcakes are adorable. Looks like y'all had a fun time.

cheryl said...

So awesome! It really looked like a great day and great time for all! Guess we will have to have another one when he gets here! Kids can't wait. Mal is already planning a sleepover with Andrew. She wants them both to sleep with her! I know what you are saying...yyyyeeeesssss! Sweet!

Shandra said...

that is too funny. she'd probably kick andrew out after an hour of being in there b/c he's such a yapper!

Gordon Family said...

I'm a friend of Ashley Sears and Tara Smith. I love to read your blog since I also have 2 boys. I love the cupcakes. I'll have to remember that idea for my littlest son.

jill said...

Looks like a huge success. And now sweet Blake is no longer a baby. Sounds like it's about time for another one :)