Friday, May 23, 2008

well visit and lovie

Yesterday I finally took Blake in for his one year well visit. I'd been anxious to go to this visit so I could compare him to Andrew at a year. :) I know...here I go comparing again. But, people all the time tell me how big he is compared to Andrew and now I can prove them wrong! :)
So, I had B's appointment all set up for Thursday morning and Wednesday night he wakes up running fever. I called the Drs. to let them know and see if I needed to reschedule but since it wasn't a 24 hour notice they wanted me to bring him in. I talked to the Dr and he said with these shots he wasn't worried about the fever....until he looked in B's ears....he's got an ear infection! I totally wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure if it's in both or just one because Andrew decided he needed goldfish AT THAT MOMENT and by the time I got him settled I forgot to ask the doc. So, no shots for B and I'm pretty sure he's okay with that. He did weigh in at 22 pounds which is 2 pounds lighter than Andrew and is 30 1/2 inches tall...1/2 inch shorter than A was. I'm not sure if that length measurement was right tho because he put up a good fight with the nurse on that. That boy is strong!
Today I'm going through his winter clothes and packing up baby toys...baby tub...things like that that have been in his closet and need to go in the attic.
And lastly I leave you with Blake and his lovie...

I'm not sure exactly when this obsession started but it started with a blue bunny lovie. I remember last September at my parents he was obsessed with it. I had put him to bed and he started fussing. I asked my mom to get his lovie out of the dryer and take it to him. She couldn't get over how he nearly yanked it out of her hands and went right to sleep with it. It was hard keeping up with just one. He was napping 3 times a day at that point and I had all to do to get it washed and dried in time for the next nap. When we got home I ordered two more!! I thought about throwing away bunny at that point (because it was Andrew's and pretty worn out) but I just couldn't do it. So, now he sleeps with ALL three! It doesn't matter if all three are in bed with him tho. He's content with just one. But now he's been getting up with them in the morning. It's cute! Here he is from this morning...

6 comments:

meredith said...

I will have to show Justin your post, because he thinks I made up the word lovie. Jaxon has a green frog one and he thinks it is funny that Sawyer and I call it Jaxon's lovie. He likes it, but doesn't have to have it. He is too attached to me, I guess I am his favorite lovie.

jill said...

is that something michelle makes? i'm not up on the whole lovie concept.

Shandra said...

meredith...matt didn't know what a lovie was called either. well, until we had kids. i usually pack it when we leave the house but he doesn't really want it unless he's sleepy.

jill...no, michelle doesn't make these. i would have plugged it for her if she did. she does make a blanket lovie tho. these have an animal head attached to them and b loves to chew on it.

Megan said...

jolie has a pink "sheep" just like the one you sent to liz for allie & sarah's lovie is just like blake's! jolie told me earlier today, "i cannot go to sleep without my sheep, mom." she doesn't actually need it all the time, but it is never far away.

Anonymous said...

jack still has the lamb one but he's more attached to the teddy bear i bought him. it's good for when we're gone and he's sleeping in a new place. typically it stays in his bed til nap or bed time - we'll see how long it lasts. does B still chew on his? lol and j ALWAYS puts a fight when they do his measurements. probably already scared of getting shots i guess :( cute pics!

Shandra said...

jill...yep he loves to chew on them. i think i'm going to order him the duck and retire andrew's bear. oh and we've been working on the cup thing!! he gets the whole go put it on the table but has to be reminded.