Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the rest of our trip

Well, we left Thursday and cut our trip down by stopping at my parents. We no more than got there and had to go on a boat ride...
Daddy and Andrew love being outside!
Blake loved driving but hated his life jacket. It was a wee big.
We woke up early Friday and headed to Shreveport for the big festivities! Cheryl and Mallory came from TN too so we all followed each other to Shreveport.

Andrew and some of his cousins on the trampoline...
Saturday morning was the graduation. Andrew did really well. I wasn't down there by him so unfortunately I didn't get ANY pics of him using his cool coloring/chalk mat. He LOVES it and it definitely kept him quiet and entertained. I got it from Michelle (not sure why it won't highlight her name) and she did an awesome job on it. Thanks, Michelle!!! I stole this picture from her blog. It doesn't have the notepad but it goes under the crayons....it's really cute and a great idea!! Blake, on the other hand, was a yapper. Not sure why. I took him out and my niece would trade off with me so I could see some of the graduation. Thanks, Kat!

Here's the graduate and Andrew. So sweet!!
Afterwards, they had a pool party. Andrew would NOT get out of the pool! I can see what I'll be doing this summer. Here he is with cousin Emily...Blake didn't stay in the pool long. That was my choice, of course!
Aunt Kristy and Blake...
Then we opened gifts. Stephen LOVED the iron Matt got for him. Matt says he'll put it to good use when he has some hot dates. I'm assuming Matt only knows this from his hot dates with ME in college!!! As you can tell...Stephen was thrilled!!
And I had to get a picture of Stevo and Blake....
So, it was a good trip. It's always good seeing family and having the extra help with the boys. Blake was a little under the weather and hasn't completely recovered. I also realized when we got home that he has 3 molars coming in. That makes 11 teeth for this kiddo. So that explains some of his clinginess! Anyway, I'm trying to get the kiddos back on schedule and my house back to normal!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did matt for REAL get him an IRON?!? nice. funny pic. i like the last one too - cutie pie (blake that is - ha)

Shandra said...

um, yeah, that was part of our gift...the other part was MUCH better!

Carrie said...

Glad y'all are home and had a blast. The pics are awesome. Your boys are going to be heartbreakers! :) It's almost summer for me....time for a trip to HOUSTON! :)