I was making smoothies and the boy stole my strawberries. I have no idea why!
One last thing...recently 2 people have made comments to me about how I have my hands full with two boys. One of the comments was..."We were all standing around looking at your pictures and talking about how you sure have your hands full! (hahaha)" Why does that get on my nerves?? I think I take that comment as someone telling me I can't handle my job of being a mom...like I'm failing! And I don't think I am. I think life with two kids is a lot better than I thought it would be. Maybe because people scare you to death that you think it's going to be awful and crazy or maybe it has a lot to do with Matt being able to be home by 3 or that Blake is still a baby and sleeps a lot. But when these 2 people made this comment I just sat quietly and thought I should be defending myself. I should add that one person hasn't even been around me and the boys...she's just seen pictures and the other person has no kids so of course she's clueless as to what it's like being a mom. And no, it's not anybody from here! :) I will say that some days are harder than others and we definitely have our moments...like yesterday when Andrew wanted to get out of his stroller for story time and Blake wanted to eat! But I've learned...you just leave!!! Why stress myself out? I know as the boys get older we will definitely hit different challenges...like Blake will be the one who wants out of the stroller and Andrew will probably be the one throwing a fit to eat!!
I'll leave you with this pic of Blake and his new cutesy cuddle ...is that what it's called Michelle? Anyway, he loves it!
12 comments:
AMEN Sister!!! I get that ALL of the time - especially since they are so close in age. Normally I just smile and move on but it does bother me sometimes! You wouldn't believe the looks I get as if it is any of their business what I do with my life! Sometimes I get so mad I tell them the circumstances and they are VERY quick to apologize. Oh, and we are melting here too!!!
hmmm, never thought of it that way......i could see it driving me nuts too tho. HOWEVER, i've seen you in action, and it appears as if you've got it all under control. nice job. i'm sure i'll be blogging the SAME THING in another year or so :) and i am glad to hear someone say it's not as bad as people make it out to be
oh - and andrew is hilarious, and blake is precious. like the blankie thing
your so right...people are so obnoxious! i'm sure i get the same look from people but i could care less...my girls are happy & healthy and at the end of the day I may be exhausted but I wouldn't change it for the world.
i can't stand it when people w/o kids because i think just wait one day you'll be doing the same thing.
females are so critical of each other and we just need to stop....
on a lighter note...i love love the blankies...i think i'm going to order more...but i think she's getting tired of me now :)
Truc
I know exactly what you mean about the heat and about things people say. I have had so many people tell me " bless your heart" when they see me out in public with Sawyer and my growing belly. Whatever happened to congratulations?
It is encouraging to hear you say it is not that bad. I know it will be hard and I am worried, but I know having them close and watching them grow up together will be a blessing.
Wow---didn't realize people were so rude!! Shan, those people totally don't know you...I see you with 8 kids and still as calm as could be. Seriously....you are amazing and your patience is awesome. Don't worry about those people...you know you're a good mommy...tell them to be nice to my Shan!! :)
You sure have your hands full with Andrew, Blake AND Hurricane Erin down there ;)
aww, that's cute. did you stage that?! just kidding. yes, it's a cutesy cuddle...however, they are only special orders for friends! :)
I also meant to tell you that we went to Target and got some baby food for Jax. I had a couple of friends tell me about the coupon before you did, but I kept thinking that Sawyer really doesn't eat much baby food so I never printed it off. I guess I forgot I was having another baby. So we got a few toddler foods for Sawyer and some baby food, but not as much as you bought. Anyways, thanks for the tip.
tara..i bet you get it more than i do. i don't know why it's anyones business how close i have my kids. if it's hard, so what. it's my problem.
jill land...i'm sure i've told people they have their hands full before but i don't really mean anything buy it. the people that said it to me said it in a condescending way. ya know?
carrie...thanks!
jill p...you were cracking me up! :P
michelle...no, that wasn't staged. i pulled the blanket down a bit b/c i didn't want y'all to think my kid was going to suffocate.
meredith..we definitely have our moments, but it's way better than i expected. it's nice b/c babies sleep a lot and that gives you more time w/ sawyer..and sleep! glad you were able to use the coupon.
The comment that used to drive me crazy when we were out in public when the twins were babies (and sometimes even now) was "Whew! I'm glad it's you and not me!" I finally learned to fire back with "ME, TOO!"
My advice - respond with a big fat smile and say "I wouldn't have it any other way!"
sally, good point! i will definitely be saying that from no on!
Post a Comment