Well, I haven't updated in a while because the only thing we've been doing is meeting old friends at The Children's Museum. It's hard to really visit when your chasing your kids around, but hey...it beats playing in the heat! Anyway, no pics to prove it because I forgot my camera...both times! But Andrew enjoyed playing with his friends, Kate and Benjamin!!
On to other stuff...like Blake! You know, Blake's been rolling from his tummy to his back for about 6 weeks now. It was so cute...at first! He was so quick that I couldn't catch it on camera. When he first rolled over I was so excited because this meant I could put him to bed on his belly!! Life was great! He'd been sleeping 12 hrs at night and all was just grand....until 2 weeks ago!! Blake started rolling over in his sleep!!!! UGH! It wouldn't be that bad if HE DIDN'T WAKE UP! He has been doing this at least once a night. The first time he did this he kicked on his mobile. I heard the music playing at 3 AM and wondered if he was having a party in his crib. He was all talking and cooing. I went in there to find him looking at his mobile. He was so excited to see me. I thought it was cute and funny...mind you this was the first time this happened. Now, he's just rolling on his back and talking. He hasn't turned his mobile on again and he's not looking so cute at 2, 3, or 4AM!! I'm tired and tired of going in there to flip the boy back over! Do you think it would be bad if I put a brick on his back to weigh him down? Anyone have any ideas? I've tried putting him down on his back for naps (which my Dr said not to do b/c of reflux) but he doesn't like it.
The culprit!
Andrew has taken a liking to Blake these days. He is constantly giving him kisses on his head and trying to play with him. He even tried to teach him to play the drums....
We've been working on potty training with Andrew. We put him on it every night before he goes in the tub. He's gone in it once and I think we were so excited that we freaked him out. He wouldn't get back on it for a week after that. Now he likes to sit and look at a book. Go figure!
We leave in less than a week to visit family and are looking forward to it. We will be gone a little over a week. I'm dreading trying to get the boys back in their routine when we get back though! I'm praying that Blake will forget how to roll over so I can get some good sleep before then!
12 comments:
umm, yeah it was the OPPOSITE w/jack. when he started rolling onto his belly from his back, it'd wake him up and i'd have to roll him back over b/c he'd act like he'd forgotten how. finally i just let him deal with it, and he did. now he rolls around all over the floor! :)
that pic of andrew is funny
have you tried a sleep positioner? i think that's what they're called. i have one on my babies-r-us registry if you want to see what i'm talking about.
yeah, we had one but sleep positioners are good for when they are little or swaddled and don't move. this boy is all over his bed. there's no way i could keep him on it and then it becomes a hazard! good idea tho.
12 hours a night! don't even get me started! LOL! Im still nursing once during the night.
That pictures of Andrew crack us up ... I'm sure he'll be please with that photo when he's older :)
My girls were ill last week and it was miserable...on top of that Kalliyen is teething...hopefully it'll be better this coming one.
Truc
Glad Andrew is taking a liking to Blake. I'm sure they are going to be best buddies.
Cute pictures of adorable little boys! I'm seeing that picture of Andrew being soon at his rehearsal dinner! Glad the Andrew is being sweet to little Blake.
soon = shown
that was funny what you said about the float! maybe i should bring j's splash pad for he and andrew to play next week. IF there's a spot in the yard for it...
Jolie likes to read on the potty too. Not much action other than that. I know she knows what to do, but right now she just isn't interested. I'm not even worried about it right now. I'm not sure I'm up for adjusting to a new kid & potty training at the same time!
Megan...it will be so crazy when the new baby get here, what is another thing! We did that with Hannah...she had a baby sister, started potty training and started going to mdo all in the same week! We all survived!
lauren, i'm sorry you are still doing a night feeding. that stinks. hopefully it will end soon!
megan, people were ALWAYS asking me if i was going to have andrew potty trained before blake got here. i had no desire to start! he's just now getting into it. he'll tell us when he goes in his diaper so i'm hoping that's the start of something. he's gone in his potty once. i think i got so excited that it freaked him out. he wouldn't sit on it for weeks after that. i'm trying not to push him too much...especially since we are heading out of town!
Post a Comment