Sunday, February 11, 2007

Andrew's new room


This weekend we moved Andrew's "baby furniture" out of his room and into Blake's. We started with the changing table. As we pushed it out Andrew whimpered and followed us out of the room. It was then that it hit me...this could be hard for Andrew. I really hadn't thought about it before then. We continued on and had Andrew help us move stuff in to Blake's room. He loved helping and I think it took his mind off of what was really going on. I worried that bedtime would be hard for him...but he went down without a sound. Thankfully!!

We haven't purchased him a real bed and won't for a while. He'll stay in my sister's old crib (which was attacked by beavers!) and then we'll eventually turn it into a toddler bed. I don't want to make him grow up too fast!! We aren't done with his room though...I'd like new curtains, basket liners (not important details) and his dresser should come this week. So I can't do much at this point.

I will add that it is SO nice to have a living room with a FEW toys and books in it. I know once Blake gets here it will be filled with a swing, bouncy seat and such...but I can enjoy these next few months!!!

9 comments:

Lin said...

wow! too cute!

Elizabeth said...

You posted at 5:17 pm- has Andrew already gone to bed?

Shandra said...

lol...no, liz, we actually did his room this weekend. he goes to bed b/t 6:30 and 6:45.

Michelle said...

very cute! i love trains. when we were getting ethan's room ready emily was 15 months old...she cried the whole time we were moving the baby stuff to his room it was very traumatic for her. she still talks about it! really!!

Anonymous said...

Shan...looks good!

Stacy said...

very cute room. i'm so impressed. and it's baby tad! my nephew loves that thing.

Anonymous said...

Cute Shan, did you paint the mural? When are you due? I feel so special that you added me to your "blogs i read" :)

Shandra said...

Bekah...you are too funny. I started painting the train w/ Matt and was then put on "moderate" bed rest. So, Matt had to finish the job. He did better than I did!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shan - cute room!