Saturday, February 17, 2007

eating my words

The other day I was talking to a friend about how Andrew's only been sick one time (aside from having an occasional cold) and that was when Jolie and Megan were here. Well, he made me eat those words at 3:30 AM Friday. He was throwing up!! Can I just tell you my pregnant self doesn't handle that kind of stuff well. Matt was working so I couldn't make him help. I definitely had to suck it up!!! We've been couped up in the house for 3 days now and we are going a little crazy!!!!!!! Andrew's doing much better and finally keeping stuff down. I'm just praying that Matt and I don't get it.

We have watched 113 Baby Einstein videos, and 218 Praise Baby videos. Okay, maybe not that many but we have watched a lot of videos. It's the ONLY way I could get his mind off eating and drinking.

Here's how Andrew made the time pass...

Mommy was too tired to read to him so he had to read it to himself. And yes, he was spoiled and got to suck on his passy during the day.

He was getting bored with his toys so I pulled out Christmas presents I had stashed away. I should have known that he just wanted to play with the box.

So, Carrie, due to lack of sleep and one sick little guy...this is as good as it gets! Sorry no video and good luck with the TAKS!

Here's my funny Andrew story for the week. I'm sure I have more but this one sticks out. When Andrew takes a bath he has some letters in the tub that he plays with. He loves to pick up random letters and call it either an A, E, or I. So the other day he picked up the letter G and said "I." I said, "No, that's a G." So he says...."ahhhgeee." Get it? A G? I was like..."no, baby, it's just GGGG." Okay, well, it cracked me up! Maybe it's because I've been stuck in the house all weekend!!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

That was funny about the ahhhgeee... Both of my kids always say, "Uh" instead of "A" because I say it like that. Like, "Uh puppy dog". They are sponges and even pick up our bad habits!

Jackson was about Andrew's age when he first got the stomach bug. I think we left a stain in our apartment carpet of red gatorade. It's not like they run to the toilet or vomit in a bowl. Jackson would run with it coming out. Sasha has yet to vomit.. Glad he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Shan...thanks for posting pics. The pics are precious...even if he was sick. The last one is AWESOME! How could that smile NOT make your day better?! Wish me luck tomorrow...I just LOVE walking around a classroom ALL day with no access to the real world! :) At least we get to wear tennis shoes! :)

Shandra said...

jessica...yeah, it's not fun having a little one get sick!! i was tired from cleaning him up and doing wash!

carrie...are your walls covered? i hated having to do that. what a boring day for you. one year i got pulled out and had to watch ONE kid. oh my gosh i thought i was going to go insane!!! plus i was prego and had to potty every 10 mins! good luck!

Tiffany said...

Hey Girl! Found you site! Poor little Andrew! Glad to know he's doing better. That is not fun...we have gone through that situation a time or two! Usually the whole fam gets stuck with it. Have you & Matt gotten it?
He sure is cute. I hope I can meet him one day!

Anonymous said...

I was sick last week too, and I probably whined about it more than Andrew did.

Shandra said...

Tiffany...I haven't gotten it (knocking on wood!) but Matt got sick this morning. However, he felt fine after getting sick so he went to work. Go figure!

Deborah said...

How is he doing?? Did you get sick??

Shandra said...

Deborah...he's doing much better. He was actually better by Sunday. I haven't gotten it and hope I don't!!!

Lauren said...

Awwww...they're so sweet when they're sick, aren't they? Look at that first pic! I mean, you hate that they feel bad but they're usually so lethargic they just lay around and want to be close to you. (I kind of like it...shhhhh....)