Saturday, August 26, 2006

work

Well, I haven't posted in a while because I've actually had to work a lot this week!!...I guess I should say I had to leave the house and work! Don't want to offend my fellow stay-at-home moms! After tomorrow night I will have worked 20 hours this week. I know that sounds pretty weak to some of you who put in 40, but those 20 hours kicked my butt! I was worn out when I would get home...and as of now I've only put in 15 hrs! Most of you know that in the summer I was working up at church for 2 1/2 hrs a week...yes, that was 2 1/2 hrs...not much, I know. This week they have had MDO meetings and wanted me to work when I could. I got a little annoyed with my 'boss' because she would tell me that we would be done at 1:30 and then when I would get there I'd find out we were actually done at 3!!!!! I had gotten there at 8 and Andrew was with me. I was HIGHLY ticked off! I wouldn't care if Andrew wasn't with me, but when Matt's not home he is and he does NOT take naps up there. Anyway, there is more to that whole story and I just don't feel like getting into it. I won't have to do it again and starting next week I'm going to be working 2 days a week for a total of 5 hrs...go me!...bringing home the bacon!! :) I really only wanted to do one day, but they are in desperate need of help. I told her I would do it a couple of months but that's it! Of course Bible studies only last 12 weeks. That's all for now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- what about those of us that work way more than 40 hours? :)

Shandra said...

yeah, i could NEVER do that!! i really don't know how people work and come home to kiddos!!

Anonymous said...

way to go workaholic. guess who's been back several times....

Anonymous said...

Shan...I can't imagine teaching AND raising a child. Now you see why I DO NOT have a kid...and why I don't keep up with emails and phone calls during school! Whew...I was in bed at 9pm Friday night! SAD!

Michelle said...

as a paid child care coordinator and a preschool coordinator (for my church), thanks for your service!! kinda stinks she does not let you know the whole story on how long you'll be working though..

Jessica said...

I have worked just a bit throughout the summer (probably 40 hours total over 3 months) and can't imagine working more than that. I am actually not doing that anymore because it's just too much with the kids. I really give it to moms that can balance it all...I was meant to be a stay at home mom!

I have been on myspace for a few months and like blogger much more! I just feel to exposed to myspace. But then I did put like 70 pictures on there so maybe that's my fault!