Saturday, August 05, 2006

on the road again

Yep, we are about to hit the beach!!! I'm SO EXCITED!!! Can you tell?? :) I LOVE the beach!!! We are going to Gulf Shores...it's no Cayman Island, but it will do. There's just something about being in sand and hearing the waves break! I have no plans of actually being in the water. After hearing Jessica's story and watching Shark Week on Discovery...I'll only be getting in the water to cool off...no floating on a raft for me!

We leave Tuesday and hope to stop in Hammond to see Amy, John and Miss Sadie!! How fun!! Hopefully it will work out. Then Wednesday evening Josh and Jill are meeting us at the beach. So we should have a fun week! Hopefully we won't have any hurricanes come our way!

Oh..and if anyone has any tips on taking a little one to the beach...let me know! I have a feeling he's going to be ALL over the place!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tip from Carrie...leave him with me! :)

Deborah said...

Yup he will be all over the place. Dig a big hole for him to play in..I mean BIG hole..kinda a mini pool.

Michelle said...

have fun! shovels always kept emily busy. but a big hole is a good idea! :)

Shandra said...

hey girls! thanks for the tips! carrie, there's no way i could leave this boy anywhere over night. :) however, he is fussy now b/c of 5 teeth coming in...so maybe i'll take you up on it!!!

Anonymous said...

Shan...we would have a BLAST!!! Seriously, if you want to try it one time, I am only an hour and a half!! :)

Anonymous said...

sunscreen causes cancer.

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we've been back 24 hrs, and I'VE posted - what the heck have YOU been doing?? it's not like you have a kid or something