Wednesday, May 03, 2006

motherly advice

So Bradley and Carrie are buggin' me about posting and this post won't even pertain to them...sorry!

Anyway, I need some motherly advice...Andrew hasn't been eating much lately. He won't touch his jar food..or homemade food and is barely drinking any formula. My doctor has always told me it doesn't matter how much jar food he eats as long as he's getting at least 16 oz. of formula a day. I think he's getting maybe 9 oz. He's been sick so I kind of blew it off on that, but now I'm wondering if he just doesn't like jar food. Could that be? The reason I'm thinking this is because he will go to town on shredded cheese and fish sticks! (Yes Jolie, Andrew is eating your fish sticks!!) So any ideas??? I'm tired of wasting jar food on the boy!!

20 comments:

Deborah said...

Give that boy real food, if he wants it!

Megan said...

his antibiotic could be messing up his taste right now as well. or maybe he's ready for big boy food :) glad he's enjoying the fishsticks. i hated for you to buy them & then they go to waste - i feel much better!

Shandra said...

my brother-in-law is a pharmacist and he said that too megan...about it messing up his taste. i hope that's it b/c i just went out today and bought a bunch of jar foods!!! don't worry deborah... i'll give him 'real' food, but it's hard to know what to give him.

stacy...any thoughts here? i'm sure you love giving free medical advice!! :)

Anonymous said...

Give him an icee...he'll be like his mom! :)

Shandra said...

I have done goldfish, but broken them into small pieces. No Cheerios yet. I wondered if they were too hard. I'll have to try them tho.

Deborah said...

Cheerios aren't as hard as those biter cookies. They also have thoses gerber puffs. My girls love those. They do make baby goldfish that are smaller, but more expensive. Sarah didn't eat much jarred food. She was more intrested in what we were eating.

Michelle said...

we stopped feeding ethan "baby" food at around 8 months. he stopped letting us feed him with a spoon, so we just started giving him what we were eating.

but also, a good point others have made is the antibiotic idea. i'd give it another few days to see if that's why he's changed his eating habits.

i know i always hated hearing it, but he will eat when he's hungry!! :)

Shandra said...

Deborah...the Cheerios are smaller tho so I wondered if it would be easier for him to choke. Shows what I know!! It's such a learning process I guess.

Michelle...when's your due date? Oh and my sister lurked on your blog and loved the stuff you made!! :)

Michelle said...

i'm due may 16th, but hoping to be induced next friday.

tell her thanks! actually, way back when during the p31ladies days, you sent a link to a page your sister had to bags she made. i remember asking if she did diaper totes, but she didn't...i got the idea to make bags from her!! :)

Anonymous said...

Figure it out yourself. You'd think that if it weren't for this blog, you wouldn't even know you're supposed to feed babies at all.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Someone is impersonating Dr. Spock on your blog Shandra!!! Don't they know they can be sued for this??!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh- I have "legal knowledge". I am SO reporting Dr. Spock to the authorities! (And I might just check with my P.I. friend to see if I can send any parents to the pokey. :) Ha ha ah ah aha haaa

Anonymous said...

SHANDRA - i'm wayyyyy too uncomfortable with all this identity theft going on here. makes me nervous

Shandra said...

people, people!!!!! calm down! let's not blow things out of proportion!!

Stacy said...

that dr. spock comment cracked me up but i'm trying not to lol because i'm sitting in starbucks at barnes & noble by myself. and the last time i laughed out loud, people started looking...

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

come on now..where is Shandra???

Anonymous said...

I don't know...I tried to call her last night and she didn't answer...Shan...where are you??

Shandra said...

I'm here!!! Sorry, I haven't had anything really good to blog about. Then last night I tried to blog, but my picture wouldn't upload!! grrr! I'm about to leave so I will try again later.

Carrie...did you call my cell? I still haven't put your number back in it so I didn't know who it was!! That's why I didn't answer and you didn't leave a message so I figured it was the wrong number. Call my home number 867-5309. Remember that song? We need to catch up!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I called your cell. I needed to vent about something I knew you would understand! :) I am better now. We got TAKS results back and my kids did AWESOME!!! Looks like I will have a job another year! HA! I will call soon!! :)