Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to Blake!!!

Blake turned 4 on Tuesday of this week!!!



To say the boy was excited is an understatement!! He was ecstatic!! ALL day long he talked about how he could do anything on his own now because he's a big 4 year old!! He was even singing in WalMart about being 4. It was funny...and a little embarrassing. :)


We've had a week long celebration. We went to Chuck E. Cheese's with my parents when they came in last week. It was also my dad's birthday so that's REALLY what we were celebrating. ;) They were here Mon-Wed and we had a great visit!! Then we had Matt's parents in on Friday. We also celebrated Blake's birthday with them!! They left Monday morning and we enjoyed our visit with them too! See, lots of partying for little Blakers. I was beginning to wonder if he would be excited the day OF his actual birthday since we had already celebrated so much!!!

On his birthday he chose to go to McDonald's for dinner. We went to one with a play land. This was a BIG step for me! I HATE play areas....unless it's Chick-fil-A!!...and we don't have those up here! Then we came home and did cupcakes and ice cream!!


Then Wednesday afternoon we celebrated his birthday with his friends!! He had 11 little friends over and was SO excited!!


Everyone has been wanting to see my decorations...so here ya go!! I owe a HUGE thank you to Kristy and Nicole who helped me with the birthday banner!! Isn't it so cute!?!?!

They also made the scalloped circles for the cupcakes!!


I did the middle part of the cupcake toppers and I think they are pretty cute!!
This was before all the kiddos got here.


Then we enjoyed some pizza and fruit!


After lunch we made sun visors!!


And then we had cupcakes (which were AWESOME!) and ice cream!!


I wish I would have gotten a group picture, but it never happened!


The kids played downstairs with the Thomas tracks we had set up....and some other toys.


At the end everyone went outside and played. The kids were DYING to go outside. We had some rain early that morning, but thankfully it dried up enough for them to go play!!


Blake got lots of presents and said his favorite part of his birthday was ALL of it. Love that boy!!! It's hard to believe he's already four. :(

2 comments:

jill said...

i love the party pics! the decorations were so cute.

Jessica said...

Wow, you have a HUGE backyard!! How fun! The party looks awesome!