Sunday, October 10, 2010

pumpkin patch

On Friday we went to a pumpkin patch with Blake's class. It was quite an event. You can check it out at www.valaspumpkinpatch.com. In Texas our pumpkin patch was a bunch of pumpkins on the lawn at church. It made for cute pictures tho! This pumpkin patch was CRAZY! It's on 152 acres and 55 of that is pumpkins! There was so much to do, but we didn't do it all and hope to go back!!
We did ride the train.

And we rode the tractor.
We fed some animals.
And some animal tried to attack Claire.
Claire kept squealing/screaming (not sure what it was, but she was very excited) at the animals. I think this was her favorite part.

I enjoyed the pig and duck races. :)

Blake had fun, but he sure missed Andrew.
Anything we did he would ask if we could come back with Andrew. We have some friends coming in this weekend and we hope to take them.

3 comments:

Shawn Ann said...

Oh that looks so much fun! Ours is a lot like that. Tons of stuff to do. They do more than pumpkins though, you can go and pick different things all year! The kids love the play barnyard and the hayrides out to the fields to pick.

You are such a city girl! That is a GOAT wanting to give your girl kisses!:) Ha! So where are the pumpkins? Are you going back for those? We are taking the kids to Huber's for our pumpkin and apple picking on Eli's bday! The kids love it, it'll be fun! We'll have pictures up on the blog for sure!
Glad you had fun!

Shandra said...

A goat! That's what I meant to say. ;) Clearly Matt hasn't read my blog yet or he would be giving me a hard time for that. They have an apple orchard there too, I think, but we didn't do everything or go on the hayride and pick pumpkins b/c we're hoping to go back this weekend with some friends. Blakers wasn't really into it b/c he was missing Andrew. We did get one pumpkin for free, but it wasn't that big. We've been to another, smaller, pumpkin patch. I'll post those pics later. I'll have to check out your pics!!

Shawn Ann said...

Poor Blake!
We've already been a few times this summer on play dates picking strawberries, raspberries, blueberries! Ha! The farm is fun! Ya, I'll be posting pics of apple and pumpkin pickin in about 2 weeks! I can't believe our babies are getting ready to turn 1!!!!!!!