Sunday, December 14, 2008

weekend update!

Yesterday we had some friends over and made some gingerbread houses. The kids had fun. (thanks Megan for the royal icing recipe!)
Blake worked hard on making his house.And eating his house!
For some reason the pics of Andrew building his were blurry so here are a few of him with his house. He was pretty proud!
He's waiting for me to turn my head so he can dig in!The final houses.
Andrew's is on the left and Blake's is on the right. I did the front door on Blake's house...just so y'all don't think my child is too gifted!
Then today we painted some trains. I found these wooden trains at Hobby Lobby and figured it'd be a fun thing for the boys to paint.
Blake only had two colors to work with.Blake's masterpiece!
Andrew's masterpiece!

So, it was a good weekend. I am anxious to get this week started! This is Andrew's last week before Christmas break. He's not going to know what to do without school for two weeks. Then, Friday we are celebrating our Christmas before we head to see family. I think I'm more excited about Christmas than the boys are!!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

so fun! glad the icing worked for you. the houses turned out great! your post reminded me that i have an ornament for jolie to paint :)

jill said...

I love the gingerbread houses. I've always wanted to make one of those.

Anonymous said...

cute houses! that second pic of blake reminds me of A at that age. weird huh? i know they're bros and all, but they normally never look alike to me. B looked like he was enjoying his :) you should post of pic of andrew eating his!

Shandra said...

megan...i'm always here to help! :0

jill..you should make one! they are fun!!

jill l...we don't eat them. they snacked while they made them. the houses are just for decoration... however, b keeps trying to pull candy off his!

Anonymous said...

yeah looks like you should try telling B that theyre for decoration only!! haha