The one complaint I have about our house is I have no playroom for the boys and all their toys. I have toys spread all throughout the house...living room and each of the boys room. I'm always telling Matt that our next house will have a bonus room! We have a guest room that we could make into a playroom but then Andrew would have to give up his room when guest come every time and I just don't want to deal with that. So, we decided to make our dining room into a playroom!! We decided we'd store the table in the attic. We rarely used it (except when I would scrap or occasionally had a big group of friends over for dinner) and figured this was our best option. Here are some pics of our new playroom....
The boys are really enjoying it. I'm loving NO TOYS in my living room. The boys rooms stay clean too. They still have some toys in there but they are too busy playing in the playroom that they don't mess their rooms up!!!
If you're wondering why there are B's on my blinds it's because we reviewed that letter this week. Oh..and I know I need some curtains. That's on my list!!
10 comments:
Great idea! I promise you the boys will not remember how many meals they had at the dining room table, but will remember all the memories made in that room playing with mommy and daddy!
too cute! i love the rug!
carrie..you are right! except i LOVE when they go in and play w/o me!! i love the break! :) but you are right.
and kim...i have to give matt credit for picking out the run! what can i say? the boy has good taste...obviously. :)
so cute! that is a great use of that space. we converted our mud room into a play room & have not regretted it. we lost our "office" but haven't missed it. i can shut the girls in our play room which is nice since sarah leaves when she gets bored :)
oh yeah that's a great idea! i hated having toys in my LR too. sweet rug - where u find it?
thanks! i got it at pottery barn kids.
So cute! What a perfect place. I meant to ask you this before: what is the name of the yellow you painted your walls. I really like it.
jennifer, i'll find out for sure and email it to you. matt would know. thanks for the coupon you mailed me too. i'll have to see if i have that place close by!
i love it. clean lines, no fuss. :) and i just automatically thought the "b" was for blinds!
Great!!!!!!!!!!! We have the same thing-toys in every room. I fill no order.
Post a Comment