Tuesday, January 03, 2012

my poor blog

My poor blog has been put on the back burner the past few months!! Let's see if I can give a quick up date...

Halloween...Andrew was an alien, Blake was the Transformer bumblebee and Claire was Snow White. We had some friends come over that went with it. It was a little chilly, but no coats were needed!! Everyone was happy about not having to cover up their costumes!!

November....Claire turned 2!! We had a small party w/ some close friends. It's crazy to think she's 2 altho sometimes she thinks she's 4. She is such a funny and silly girl! She can carry on a conversation and just really seems to understand a lot. Her doc even made a comment about it at her two year visit. I really don't remember the boys talking and carrying on a conversation as well as she does. Maybe it's a girl thing. :)

For Thanksgiving my parents, Colleen and Logan all came in. It was a good visit and nice not to have to make a turkey!! I watched, but I'm not sure I could do it next year on my own. I'm sure I'll forget all the tips in a year!! ;)

December...gah! December was a busy month that flew by fast! I started doing some computer work for a friend. I enjoy doing it, but pretty much what little free time I had is gone. ;) Then we got bogged down with Christmas parties and Christmas shopping...always makes the month go by fast. We stayed here this Christmas as Matt had to work. It was kind of nice because we just hung out and relaxed. Andrew enjoyed staying in his pajama bottoms a LOT! He is SO my child!

And that brings us to now...We started out the New Year with a sick child! I sure hope that isn't any indication of what this year is going to be like. Claire started with it and it didn't last long, but Andrew can't get rid of it! I'm just hoping once he's done with it it leaves this house!

Blake and Claire go back to school tomorrow!! I'm excited! ;) Andrew doesn't go back until the 10th.

I've kinda been working on potty training Claire. I say kinda because at the beginning of the break we were home in the mornings and she showed some interest. SO, when Andrew got sick we went head on! She's done pretty good. Here lately she's gone on the potty more times than having accidents....so I'd like to think we ARE making progress. I'll keep asking her if she needs to go throughout the day, but she's started to just go to the potty on her own and then will come get me when she goes. She goes to school tomorrow and they are really the ones who thought she might be ready to go since she sees all her friends going at school and asks to go too...altho I don't think she's actually gone at school. Anyway, it's nice that they are helpful and I'll be glad to get a little break from it tomorrow!! We'll see if she sticks with it!

Well, I'll try to go back later and add some pics. I hope to keep up with this blog again and not slack so much. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...you left out a major event in December! Your friend Jennifer came in!